Applications for this role are now closed.
Apprentice Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician- EAST BILNEY COACHWORKS LIMITED
As an apprentice Vehicle Damage MET Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. You will be stripping and refitting all vehicle parts and rebuilding vehicle suspension and resetting the geometry. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Please follow the location links below for further information and to apply:
Closing date: 18 Sep 2023
Annual wage - £10,982.40
Working week - Typically 8.00am - 17.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Expected duration - 36 Months
Possible start date - 25 Sep 2023
Advanced - Level 3 (A level)
Reference number - VAC1000185748
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Stripping and refitting all vehicle parts.
- Rebuilding vehicle suspension and resetting the geometry.
- Removing, replacing, and reinstalling SRS systems.
- Reinstating the vehicle to pre-accident and a roadworthy condition.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high quality Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician Level 3 programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop.
- No college attendance required as training will take place onsite.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor who will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle MET technician.
- You will achieve a certification in Refrigerant Handling.
- Once the apprenticeship is complete you will achieve a Level 3 Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician qualification.
- Level 2 maths and English Functional Skills (if not already achieved).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following completion of your apprenticeship, you can expect permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress within the company into roles such as Workshop Controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent English GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths GCSE or equivalent (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
As one of the UK's leading repair groups, East Bilney Coachworks is dedicated to delivering a premium service and quality repairs. Based in the East of England, East Bilney Coachworks combines the use of state-of-the-art and conventional technologies to repair a varying range of vehicle types. Our sole aim is to offer our customers the complete repair solution and is supported through our continued investment in technology and training, as well as our ability to remain flexible and dynamic amidst evolving market trends. Since trading began in 1975, East Bilney Coachworks has maintained strong working relationships with many insurers and manufacturers, whilst enhancing our constantly expanding customer base year upon year.
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
The closing date for this job offer is on 18/09/2023
This job is located in Various locations in Norfolk
About Auto Assess Apprenticeships
Auto Assess is an apprenticeship provider to the motor industry in the UK. We manage all aspects of apprenticeship recruitment and training for the automotive industry.