About the company
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy was formed following the merger of Siemens Wind Power and Spanish company Gamesa in 2017. Together we are creating a leader in the renewable energy industry, to provide cleaner, more reliable and more affordable energy to society, and to create lasting value for all stakeholders. We have installed wind turbine capacity of 83GW worldwide, €11bn in revenue, an order backlog of €21bn and we operate in over 90 countries.
We are looking to hire high calibre young men and women who will be our decision-makers of tomorrow, talented individuals with the ambition to question beyond a textbook and who have the drive to test themselves in the real world.
Wind turbines are an investment in the future, they are developing continually and protecting that investment is the responsibility of our highly trained service personnel. Over the past 30 years, Siemens and Gamesa have accumulated thousands of hours of Service experience at Inland, Coastal and Offshore sites. We are No1 in our field.
You now have the opportunity to be part of our future by joining our company and undertaking our renowned Apprenticeship programme. We are offering site-based opportunities along with travel technician opportunities.
About the role
Our Advanced Apprenticeship is a level 3 Mechatronics Maintenance Technician qualification which we believe is best in class. Study time is between 36 and 48 months.
You will work towards a Level 2 Foundation Knowledge Certificate and a Level 3 Technical Knowledge Certificate at college during your first 16 months, during this period you will be required to live away from home as all college attendance will be in Hull. Following college study you will complete additional technical training at our specially developed training centre in Hull and you will then move to site to begin year 3 of your apprenticeship. When at site you will work to secure evidence towards another Level 3 Developing Competence Certificate. In addition, you will be required to progress through a Siemens Gamesa bespoke competency programme. Finally, you will complete an End Point Assessment where you will demonstrate your experiences and competence. Success here will secure all of the certificates your hard work deserves and provide you with the opportunity to secure membership of a professional institution.
Some of your day to day duties will include:-
- Maintenance of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- Troubleshooting and fault diagnosis of hydraulic, mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- Component replacement.
- Assisting with completion of documentation relating to above and also health and safety documentation
Applicants must possess at least three GCSE's at Grade C or above (or equivalent) including:-
- English Language
- Science or Engineering
Or, in the case of those currently studying for their GSCEs, have corresponding predicted grades (NB: failure to achieve predicted grades would result in any offer of employment being withdrawn).
A Level 2 (or equivalent) ICT qualification is desirable.
Other essentials you need to have:-
- Reside within 45 minutes of the relevant site (as contained in the advert header)
- Have a good head for heights.
- Be a strong swimmer and prepared to work in a challenging Offshore/Onshore environments.
- Be confident enough to live and work away from home and to be prepared to live alongside your fellow apprentices in the shared accommodation provided by the business.
- Pass a pre-employment medical and fitness test before a formal offer of employment is confirmed.
- Have enthusiasm in abundance as well as long-term commitment to the apprenticeship and to the business.
- Possess a keen interest in engineering and technology.
- Have sound manual skills and an interest or ability to work with electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems.
- Understand money management.
- Have a natural ability to apply care and attention to detail and be able to adhere to health and safety requirements.
- Show respect for others.
How the recruitment process works
Once the job advert closes we will review all applications and if we think that you’re the right fit for the role, you will be shortlisted and asked to take part in a video interview. If you pass this stage, you will then be invited to join us at our Recruitment Assessment Centre which will take place in either Newcastle or Hull at the end of April 2019. Finally, if you are successful here you will be offered a four year fixed term contract of employment subject to you successfully passing:-
- A practical working at heights test
- A medical and fitness test
You will also need to provide the correct Right to Work documentation and relevant exam certification.
This job is located in Harwich, Essex
How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.