What's it all about?
British Sugar offer apprenticeship opportunities in four industrial areas; Mechanical, Electrical, Process and Combustion, and each annual intake will specialise in one of the four areas depending on our needs. For September 2018, the focus for our intake will be Mechanical. Our apprenticeship programme is four years, consisting of the following structure:
- Initial residential training period (currently six months) living with other British Sugar apprentices
- Experience at one of four factory sites
- The final assessment and professional discussion
- An 'outward bound' course to learn confidence, team working, leadership, and communication skills
What's in it for me?
- Learn whilst you earn with a starting salary of £10,752
- Residential training where you live and learn with other British Sugar apprentices
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Lots of support and training to encourage self-awareness, and develop other skills such as communication, self-management and teamwork to name a few
- After successful completion of the apprenticeship programme starting salary on appointment of £36,754 moving to £41,767 after a further 12 months service
Minimum 5 GCSEs grade C+ (including Maths, English and Science is desirable).
How to apply
Applications re-open in January 2018.
For notification when applications re-open, please email graduate.recruitment @ britishsugar.com
About British Sugar
British Sugar is the leading supplier of sugar to the UK market, our products are used by the leading brands of international food, drink and pharmaceutical manufacturers. You will find our sugar on supermarket shelves under the Silver Spoon brand. Find out....