British Sugar offer apprenticeship opportunities in four industrial areas; Mechanical, Electrical, Process and Combustion Engineering and each annual intake will specialise in one of the four areas depending on our needs. For September 2018, the focus for our intake will be Electrical Engineering. Our apprenticeship programme is four years, consisting of the following structure:
- Initial residential training period (up tp two years) living with other British Sugar apprentices studying a mixture of theory and practical qualifications.
- Experience at one of four factory sites
- The final assessment and professional discussion
- An 'outward bound' course to learn confidence, team working, leadership, and communication skills
What's in it for me?
- Learn whilst you earn with a starting salary of £10,886
- Residential training where you live and learn with other British Sugar apprentices
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- Lots of support and training to encourage self-awareness, and develop other skills such as communication, self-management and teamwork to name a few
After successful completion of the apprenticeship programme starting salary on appointment of £37,213
Watch https://www.britishsugar.co.uk/careers/apprentices for details on the next intake and how to apply
About British Sugar
British Sugar is the leading supplier of sugar to the UK market, our products are used by the leading brands of international food, drink and pharmaceutical manufacturers. You will find our sugar on supermarket shelves under the Silver Spoon brand. Find out....