Applications for this role are now closed.
Apprenticeship Mentor Opportunity in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
Summary: To provide or offer appropriate support and assistance to individuals (including vulnerable young people), school staff, training providers, public sector staff and support organisations about accessing and taking up apprenticeships. The Apprenticeship Mentor will work with a caseload of schools to identify and support young people who wish to embark on apprenticeships and ease the transitional period between education and the labour market.
The Apprenticeship Mentor will also spend time in an industry-based placement to support their business needs and increase capacity.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Work with a caseload of up to 4 schools, working with established staff members such as careers leads and other activities taking place within schools (e.g. Enterprise Adviser Networks) to identify individuals that wish to pursue an apprenticeship
- Conduct one-to-one apprenticeship screening and mentoring sessions with a case load of young people
- Conduct a number of apprenticeship application support sessions per year and support students into apprenticeships and further learning.
- Regularly attend an industry-based placement with an employer or an Apprenticeship Provider and support the placements staff in activities that are being undertaken and use learning to promote the benefits of apprenticeships to both employers and young people
- Complete all necessary paperwork. Keep accurate activity records for timesheet recording. Keep accurate records of any meetings/presentations/mentoring sessions/application support sessions etc.
- Monitor and report on project outcomes. Produce case study material. Support marketing activities.
- Contact local Small/Medium employers (with less than 250 employees and a turnover of less than £39million) to promote the benefits of employing an apprentice
- To take responsibility for a specific project support function or sector of work and lead this work across the project.
- Create biographies of young people to use to market their services to host employers.
- Support the delivery of all aspects of the TrAC and Apprenticeships New Anglia Service at all times to ensure an even distribution of work. This could include being asked to carry out tasks required by the project that are not covered elsewhere in the job description.
- Ensure that the workplace is kept clean, tidy and sanitised. Portray a positive image of Moore Networking, Apprenticeships New Anglia and TrAC at all times.
- Ensure the accurate recording of data, information and notes is maintained in a timely manner across all MNL and TrAC systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Some previous experience in mentoring would be an advantage, but is not essential.
- Experience and or an understanding of skills or Apprenticeships
- A full driving licence and access to transport is essential. Education to Level 2
Things to consider
The successful candidate must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate must pass a DBS check.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Applications may close early if a suitable applicant is found
Salary: £13,250.00 /year
Please note that members of the Moore Networking Team are currently operating remotely from home to comply with social distancing. During the inital stages of this Apprenticeship, you may spend some or all of your time working from home, with supervision provided over the internet.
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/01/2021
This job is located in Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft
More Information and How to Apply
About Apprenticeships New Anglia
Apprenticeships New Anglia is an innovative 3 year ESF funded programme starting in January 2020 designed to support small and medium sized employers (SMEs) to proactively recruit the best new talent into their businesses from education.