Applications for this role are now closed.
THE COLLEGE OF WEST ANGLIA
About the employer
Responsible for the Grade2 listed Town Hall building, consisting of large hall used for various events incorporating stage with professional lighting. Council Chamber and Community Hub at lower floor. Council is also responsible for the management of the Community Centre & grounds. 17 Councillors, one holding the title of town Mayor as well as Chairman of Council. The Council is answerable to the electorate of Hunstanton and financially responsible for the spending of the town Precept.
30 hours per week. 1 day - 7.5 hours allowed for day release, plus 22.5 hours to be worked on sites over the 6 remaining days as per HTC’s requirements. Shifts to be confirmed. Total hours per week: 30.00.
Possible start date
14 Jun 2021
GCSE’s 2-9 or A*-E or equivalent qualifications.
They will understand the mechanism of buildings including electrical, plumbing, plant, safety systems and equipment. They will provide first and immediate response to fault finding, whilst maximising quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. They will ensure prevention of major damage that could result in extensive costs and minimise reactive intervention.
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Consider safety compliance with a diverse sector of client groups
- Setting up venues for events/groups/meetings
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Maintain high levels of water hygiene within a building
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment
- Demonstrate and implement energy, environment and sustainable practices
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
- Demonstrate and understand the importance of the control of resources and stock
- Understand and demonstrate the principles of Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Understand how to prepare for refurbishment or deep clean of equipment and surfaces
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
- Understand the importance of customer service
- Record and report information accurately either internally or externally
The closing date for this job offer is on 07/06/2021
This job is located in Hunstanton
More Information and How to Apply
About College of West Anglia
Training more than 7,500 students each year, the College of West Anglia is one of the largest providers of education and training in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire with an exceptional track record of developing the skills and talents of our students. This...