From Archant Careers
"Would you like a role in one of the most lively, innovative and forward-thinking news teams in the east, working for some of the country’s best and brightest daily and weekly newspapers and websites? If so, then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for reporters, senior or junior, to join the news team of England’s biggest-selling regional morning newspaper, its best and brightest evening paper, their ever-growing websites and a host of successful weekly publications and websites.
These full-time roles would suit someone who has a passion for news and wants to break into local journalism, has cut their teeth on a good weekly paper and is looking to move into quality daily journalism, or someone already on a daily newspaper looking for a fresh challenge.
You will have:
- A formal journalistic qualification (full NCTJ including 100 wpm shorthand minimum for trainees, seniors at NQJ level)
- At least two years’ recent reporting experience on a daily or weekly newspaper (for seniors)
- Excellent news judgement
- Lots of ideas for print and digital platforms
- A good knowledge of Suffolk
- The ability to produce sparkling copy for our newspapers and websites
- You will be working on the East Anglian Daily Times, Ipswich Star and relevant weekly publications and their associated websites.
SALARY & BENFITS
- Basic starting salary of £18,000 pa (trainees), seniors in the range of £20,700-£22,000
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold – matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn – tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews"
For full details, use the More Info button below.
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.