Applications have now closed for January 2024
Barratt have been nationally recognised as a 5 star housebuilder since 2009 for supplying high-quality homes for all generations. That’s more than any other major housebuilder. It’s because we combine the brightest minds, the latest technology, and a genuine commitment to putting customers first. We want the best people in the industry to help us shape the future of building. We have tailored opportunities for apprentices, graduates, experienced professionals and ex-Armed Forces personnel to come and help us stay one step ahead, and build the homes that Britain needs.
We are building an organisation where anyone with drive and talent can pursue the career they want. We are building a culture where anyone, regardless of gender, race, sexuality, disability, background or any other characteristic, can progress and be proud to work for us.
Barratt adopts a hybrid way of working which assumes that where roles allow, our office-based colleagues divide their time between working in the office, on our construction sites and sales offices, and working from home, as the role dictates. We recognise the many benefits that an effective hybrid working culture brings to both the Company and our colleagues.
What you'll be doing?
Are you looking for a graduate scheme which gives you an insight into a range of different business areas, whilst strengthening your professional skills through modules and projects? Commencing in September each year, Barratt Developments offer a two-year Graduate programme.
In year one, you’ll join your chosen discipline in order to meet your team, settle into the role, and begin impacting on meaningful work for the business.
During this first year you’ll begin a series of two-month placements on rotation, designed to give you the chance to collaborate with new teams and give you an all-round insight into other areas of our business, such as, construction (site management), technical (engineering & design), land, commercial (quantity surveying), sales and finance. Group Support graduates will follow a similar rotation plan, but will have the opportunity to spend time with a selection of our Group Support functions, in addition to any relevant operational rotations specific to the role they have applied for.
On completion of your rotations, you’ll re-join your initial team to specialise in your chosen area. The projects will be longer, more strategic, and the experience more focused.
You'll also benefit from volunteer opportunities, chances to study for further qualifications, and will complete development modules such as leadership, communication and project management.
During the programme you will:
Follow a tailored plan with clear goals, feedback and formal mentoring from a Managing Director/Head of Function
Undertake six 2-month rotations in different disciplines across the business
Attend all Group Development modules and Functional Meetings
Contribute to continuous business growth by taking on projects as agreed you’re your mentor
Contribute towards Corporate Responsibility goals by driving volunteer projects in the local area
Give continuous and constructive feedback on the Graduate Programme and act as a buddy to new graduates when appropriate
Current vacancies are as follows:
- 1x Commercial (Quantity Surveying & Buying) Kent
- 1x Technical (Engineering & Design) North Thames (Watford)
- 1x Technical (Engineering & Design) South Midlands (Northampton)
- 1x Technical (Engineering & Design) Southern (Hungerford)
- 1x Technical (Engineering & Design)West London (Ealing)
- 1x Land & Planning Northampton
- 1x Land & Planning West Midlands (Halesowen)
For more info on our Divisional locations please visit barrattdevelopments.co.uk/contact-us/divisional-offices
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Minimum 2:2 degree, or equivalent; ideally in a related subject. If you don't have a related degree you'll need to demonstrate a passion for the industry and outline your transferrable skills
- Be resilient and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced setting
- To be a lateral and innovative thinker
- Take ownership of projects
- Strong communication skills and able to build effective working relationships
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver goals and successes
As part of working for Barratt Developments PLC and specifically for this role we offer:
- £26,000 salary (£29,000 in London, Watford and Aberdeen)
- Competitive Bonus Scheme
- Hybrid working
- Private Medical Insurance – Single Cover
- 26 days holiday (increase by 1 day for every 3 years continuous service up to 29 days)
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies
Please submit your application for 2025 intake before 31 January 2025
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2025
This job is located in Nationwide, Nationwide
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.