Working in Audit means much more than just analysing numbers, we really get to know our clients by building close working relationships with key individuals there in order to help them and their stakeholders to better understand their financial performance, business systems, culture and the risks they face and then to provide crucial advice to them in these areas.
Our structured Initial Professional Development programme will help you to develop your career in whichever direction it takes by supporting you to study for your professional qualifications (ACA or CA) whilst working in different industry sectors and locations in the UK and potentially abroad. You will work as a part of a team, all of whom will be highly supportive, and there are plenty of opportunities to socialise together as well. Many people choose to specialise in an industry sector, perhaps even gaining a reputation as a leading expert in their field, or alternatively choose to become a generalist usually in one of our regional offices, looking after clients across a range of sectors.
Public Sector Assurance
Upon joining Public Sector Assurance you will become part of a dynamic and knowledeable team, including experts in their field. You will be working with Local Authorities, NHS Trusts, Foundation Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and parts of central government. Our Partners have a long track record of working with public sector clients and leading sector associations (eg LGA, HFMA, NHS Providers) and regularly provide media comment on issues affecting the public sector (eg Local Government Chronicle, Health Service Journal). We have strong relationships with complementary public sector service providers and our engagements regularly take a holistic approach to ensuring our clients’ needs are fulfilled.
As a Trainee Auditor in Public Sector Assurance you’ll complete a 4 year structured programme with a combination of working and studying. In your first 1.5 years you’ll complete a CFAB qualification, after successfully completing this you’ll be striding towards the ACA. The ACA is one of the most advanced learning and professional development programmes available. Its integrated components provide you with an in-depth understanding across accountancy, finance and business. Combined, they help build the technical knowledge, professional skills and practical experience needed to become an ICAEW Chartered Accountant
Business Area Overview
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the Senior or Manager
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the or Manager
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Senior or Manager
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
- A*- C at GCSE in Maths & English Language
We are looking for candidates who demonstrate strengths which are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and Others, Decision Making.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/08/2019
Competitive + benefits
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk Skills Show
In Suffolk we have some fantastic opportunities for employment across a range of burgeoning industry sectors. By bringing together employers, schools, colleges and training providers, Suffolk Skills Show offers the chance for young people to work out which car...