About the employer
You already know Mitchells & Butlers, even if you don’t realise it! That’s because we run many of the UK’s most famous restaurant and pub brands, including: All Bar One, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Castle, Nicholson's, Premium Country Dining Group, O'Neill's, Alex, Village Pub & Kitchen, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge, Orchid Pubs and The Oak Tree.
30 Hrs + p/w Incl. Evenings, Weekends & Bank Holidays, shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 30.00
We want our guests to love visiting our pubs, bars and restaurants. So, if you can make it special by providing a friendly face from the moment a guest walks in, we want to speak to you.
You don’t even need any experience. So long as you can provide a warm, helpful manner to everyone you meet, we can teach you the ins and outs of working as part of our busy teams.
By taking on a full-time role as a bar and waiting apprentice under the supervision of our passionate teams, alongside your training, you will enhance your service and communication skills and become more confident along the way. Not only will you achieve a Level 2 Hospitality Team Member Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our businesses, creating some amazing moments and making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What will your day-to-day involve?
- Help create a warm, friendly and welcoming environment
- Present our food and drink products perfectly
- Keep a safe and hygienic working environment
- Identify the needs of the guest to make every guest feel valued
- Responsibility for cash and company stock
- Be part of great team moments
- Show an appetite for personal development and learning
- Being proud of what you achieve
And it’s all taught through:
- A mixture of face to face and remote visits every 4 - 6 weeks
- 24-hour access to course learning materials for distance learning
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths
- 30 hours paid work every week
And it doesn’t end there! Upon completing your apprenticeship, you can continue onto further apprenticeships or follow other routes to progress your career through our career pathways. Every moment is a chance to prove what you can do, and in a business as big as ours, there is always room to move around when you fancy!
16-17 years old - £4.20 an hour
18-20 years old - £5.90 an hour
21+ years old - £7.38 an hour
The closing date for this job offer is on 25/03/2019
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.