BFI Film Academy - To be held at UEA Norwich, Norfolk.
Autumn Half term opportunity for young film makers aged 16-19
The BFI Film Academy aims to help train and inspire the next generation of UK filmmakers, supporting talented and committed young people aged16-19 to develop the commercial and cultural knowledge and skills to help make a career in film a reality.
The BFI Film Academy offers training for a range of film industry roles, from writing and directing through to production, sound design, editing and camera, and provides learning around film history and cinematic storytelling to inspire an appreciation of film culture in the round.
Especially designed for young people with some, demonstrable film making interest and/or experience, it provides a fast-paced, fun and practical film making experience.
The course consists of a combination of workshops, practical skills development, watching film and meeting industry professionals. Finally, after an action-packed week, the cast and crew, friends and family are invited to enjoy a premiere of the film we will make together. Participants also have the opportunity to gain their Bronze Arts Award.
Participants can expect to;
• Watch and learn to appreciate a broad range of films.
• Gain insight into the exciting world of film making both behind and in front of the camera.
• Get hands on experience of what goes into making a film on a practical film-based project.
• Work alongside and get the opportunity to meet film industry professionals.
• Meet other young film fans from across the county.
• Become part of the BFI Film Academy alumni and access other exclusive opportunities.
• Have lots of fun exploring and making film!
Dates: Autumn Half Term. 23rd to 29th October 2021.
Course hours: 10am to 5pm.
Location: Media Suite, University of East Anglia.
Applications close: Midnight 12th October 2021.
Cost: £25. Cost ought not be a barrier. Bursaries and financial assistance are available. Please contact us for information.
For more information and to complete the simple application process please visit: www.creative-nation.co.uk/filmacademy/
About UEA: University of East Anglia
We are an internationally renowned university based in a campus that provides top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students. Set in 320 acres of parkland just two miles from the centre of Norwich, the campus is like a mini-city,...