About the employer
EXCELR8 Motorsport is practically unique among race teams in that its founder, Justina Williams, has a successful background in business rather than coming from a career in motorsport. This means the team has a far greater appreciation for the needs of our Commercial Partners than our competitors and are as committed to delivering a return on your marketing investment as we are to achieving results on track.
The team devotes an enormous amount of effort to optimising its operations and presentation in order to provide a highly professional and marketable platform, and were recognised with a Spirit of the Championship Award for the best dressed and most innovative garage during our maiden season in the BTCC in 2019.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
Mondays to Fridays working a minimum 8-hour day starting at 8:30am with 1 hour for lunch. Times TBC. Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 May 2021
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability.
Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for an Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3 for an Intermediate.
As a Bodywork apprentice, you will be working with our body work team.
In this role you will be assisting in:
- Assessing damage and deciding how to repair them
- Removing damaged panels or parts for repair
- Smoothing out minor dents in panels
- Filling small holes or damage with filler
- Fibre glass and moulding panels
- Repairing panels damaged during an Event
- Prepping new panels ready to go on the car
- Modifying current panels for performance upgrades
- Paint spraying panels
- Colour matching and blending paint to match surrounding areas
- Maintenance of tools including cleaning
- Keeping clear records of all work completed
You will assist with repairs to all levels of cars we have in the team, from mini challenge cars to BTCC, to project cars.
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/04/2021
This job is located in Eye
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.