Applications for this role are now closed.
Box Office Supervisor
The New Wolsey Theatre is looking for a Box Officer Supervisor.
The Box Office is part of the Communications Department which also includes Marketing, Sales and Relationships.
- Already be working in a customer service role, used to being busy with daily inbound and outbound calls, have knowledge of using an online booking system and be excited about a new role with supervision responsibilities including developing audiences and achieving targets.
- Love working with the general public, enjoy face-to-face interaction and delivering the very best customer service.
- Make the most of data-capture opportunities when dealing with customers, enabling us to contact them again about future productions/offers.
- Have some experience of working with data, and an enthusiasm about researching, analysis and data-reporting.
- Enjoy working as part of a team as much as being able to work on your own, taking responsibility for your work. You’ll have a talent for multi-tasking, prioritising and working occasionally under pressure in busy times.
- Have a good sense of humour in this fun and busy role and a positive outlook.
- It would be great if you have experience of working in theatre, or the arts, but that’s not essential. You will be open to development and proactively look for opportunities to improve delivery of your role and your skills.
This is a full-time permanent role, based in Ipswich working 40 hours per week.
The Box Office is open Monday – Saturday 10am to 6pm, extending to 8pm on days there is an evening performance.
This role will require evening and weekend work to support delivery of the performance programme with working hours flexed accordingly. The rota and pattern of work will change week to week, subject to the theatre schedule.
Shifts are worked on a rota system and will be 5 or 6 days per week between Monday and Saturday, with occasional Sundays when there is a performance. We aim to give staff 2 days off per week. Shifts on Saturdays are frequently required.
An example of typical shift times are 10am to 6pm or 10am to 8pm.
We’d love applications from people of all backgrounds, especially from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds, those who identify as deaf and disabled people, neurodivergent people, members of the LGBTQIA+ community and those from lower socio-economic backgrounds. We are up for exploring support and development needs and will make reasonable adjustments to enable applicants to participate in the selection process, and for the successful applicant to carry out their role.
If you need us to make any adjustments to allow you to fully participate, would like an informal and confidential discussion about the position, or if you would like the candidate pack in different accessible formats please contact Lucy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 1st September 2023.
Interviews will be held on Friday 8th September 2023.
Expenses to Attend Interview
The New Wolsey Theatre will reimburse reasonable travel expenses if you are invited to attend an interview. For a claim form and further information please contact email@example.com
How to apply:
Complete an application form
Complete our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Monitoring Form
Please download the Recruitment Pack (below) for further details including the Job Description and Person Specification.
If you would rather have printed copies of the application form or recruitment pack, please get in touch.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/09/2023
This job is located in Ipswich
More Information and How to Apply
About New Wolsey Theatre
The New Wolsey Theatre is a regional theatre with a national reputation for the quality, range and reach of its work and for embracing cultural diversity in the widest sense. The theatre is central to the creative life of Suffolk and seeks to expand the horiz...