A fantastic opportunity to work with a well-A fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established local building firm. Working for 4 days in the workplace and 1 day in college, you will be involved in all aspects of Building
Monday – Friday 7.30am until 4.30pm. Total hours per week: 37.50
2 years apprenticeship.
- To learn and acquire the skills necessary to become a competent site bricklaying. To obtain all round knowledge of the construction processes leading to the finished product.
- Site based: Practical skills/use of tools/health and safety/building houses in Brickwork. Develop personal (people) skills.
- College based: Work towards the relevant National Vocational Qualification (standard).
- To work and perform in a safe and conscientious manner.
- Keep accurate training records/diary.
- Attend approved college.
- Be punctual and keep employer informed of potential absences.
- Adhere within the terms of the Construction Apprentice Scheme.
- Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life.
Your day-to-day tasks could include:
- Measuring the work area and setting out the first rows of bricks (courses) and the damp course.
- Mixing mortar by hand or with a mechanical mixer.
- Laying the bricks on top of each other and applying the mortar with a trowel.
- Shaping and trimming bricks using hammers, chisels and power tools.
- Checking that courses are straight using spirit levels and plumb lines.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/08/2018
To be agreed upon appointment
This job is located in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.