About the employer
Briggs Equipment is the exclusive UK distributor for the Hyster and Yale ranges of forklift trucks and other materials handling equipment so there are literally hundreds of ways in which we can help your business. We’re flexible enough to support you whether you’re looking to buy new or used equipment, hire machinery for a short or long term period or simply to choose a service partner who will become a trusted part of your operations. You have access to the best technical advice and our engineers can respond 24 hours a day.
Over 5 days, days and hours TBC. Total hours per week: 40.00
Your duties will include:
- Working on Mechanical/Electrical/Hydraulic handling equipment
- Keeping a diary of all daily activities up to date at all times
- Carrying out repair and maintenance work on a wide variety of fork lift equipment
- Willingness to learn, adapt and a positive attitude at all times is key to success
- You will be required to attend College on a block study release basis for 15 weeks per year. Your travel, accommodation and meals will be provided by Briggs Equipment UK Ltd. during these periods
- You will be assigned a dedicated mentor who will support you through your 4 year program. Successful completion of year 2 results in an NVQ level 2 in Construction and Plant maintenance accredited by the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB). Year 3 gives you the opportunity to complete a level 3 advanced apprenticeship also accredited by the CITB. In year 4, a personal development plan will be created which focuses on your current role and career aspirations
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/01/2019
This job is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.