Applications for this role are now closed.
Select Appointments are specialists. We help employers to find the perfect fit between roles and candidates. We are currently assisting a client in recruiting a Building Services Trainees to join their team
Do you live near Newmarket, have great grades and an interest in engineering? Perfect! We are looking for Building Services Trainees for a client in Newmarket that is offering an excellent progressive training course. These roles are perfectly suited for School or College leavers looking to make the first big leap in their career. Our client are a well-established business who work in a wide range of sectors including Residential, Education, Commercial, Health, Pharmaceutical and Industrial across the East Anglia region - so there will be plenty of variety.
Your role as a building services Trainee is to learn how to design, install and maintain the services that allow a building to do what it's designed to. You will spend the first year of your traineeship shadowing people from different specialisms such as surveying, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering. This will give you the opportunity to discover what area of the business you would like to specialise in.
Once your first year is up and you have a good understanding of each specialism, you will be given the opportunity to conduct a university degree in your chosen area. A qualification that will see you through your entire career, setting you up for success.
In a nutshell, you will get the opportunity to: ·
- Learn on site from Electrical and Mechanical Tradesmen and Project Managers ·
- Assist Electrical and Mechanical Estimators to ensure tenders are prepared to a high standard ·
- Obtain competitive and accurate quotations from specialists · Liaise with other members of the estimating team and Contracts Managers ·
- Learn the process and tender reviews and resolving any issues that have been identified ·
- Learn the concepts and procedures of estimating ·
- Input data accurately in order to keep a record of the quotations ·
- Liaise with technical representatives on products/plant ·
- Send and receive enquiries for quotations on projects.
Does this sound like an excellent opportunity to start a rewarding career to you?
If so, please contact Clare at Select on 01603 615511 or send your CV to email@example.com and she can talk you through next steps.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/03/2021
This job is located in Newmarket, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.