Applications for this role are now closed.
Hollis is a leading international, independent real estate consultancy. We work with owners, occupiers, developers and funders, across the private and public sectors, to help them get more out of their real estate, at every stage of the property life cycle. We are committed to delivering and maintaining a sustainable built environment and are recognised specialists in due diligence surveys, measured surveys, project management, cost management, party walls, rights of light, M&E & sustainability.
Apprentices will shadow and assist in a mix of professional and project-based building surveying work on a variety of commercial properties. They will also study towards a Level 6-degree with the University College of Estate Management.
- Shadowing and assisting on a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial
- Shadowing and assisting on servicing instructions which are typically split about 50:50 between professional work and project work
- Shadowing and assisting in providing professional work to clients including schedules of dilapidations, pre-acquisition surveys, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, schedules of condition
- Shadow and support project work which can typically range from £50k to £7million where the firm performs the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or an employer’s agent
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required
- Providing CAD support
- Conducting measured surveys
- Adherence to Health and Safety procedures
- Responsibility for your own continuous professional learning
- Respect company values
Training to be provided
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF ESTATE MANAGEMENT
Chartered surveyor Level 6 (Degree with honours)
The training you will be getting
Degree in Building Surveying, in house CPD sessions, access to the RICS CPD foundation and iSurv, all company training days, in house learning and development programme, APC support from trained supervisors and counsellors and APC assessors.
Chartered surveyor Level 6
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C/4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade 96 UCAS tariff points) Essential
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative, Passionate, Can-do, Time management, Interest in property
Things to consider
There are A Level equivalent qualifications that can be held instead of A Levels. Please visit our website to find out more information regarding this
Our apprenticeship role is a permanent position and once chartership has been achieved there are options to specialise in a particular service area or remain as a multi skilled surveyor. Further training and guidance is available for whatever you decide to do next.
The closing date for this job offer is on 01/12/2023
This job is located in Cambridge, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.