Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm. Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Nov 2020
5 GCSE’s Grade A-C/8-4 or equivalent, including maths and English.
This role will be suited to an individual who has great attention to detail, good communication skills (both verbal and written), has a can do/problem solving attitude and works well in a team. Full training will be provided.
The Business Administrator Trainee will provide assistance with the marketing department’s administration, communications (both internal and external) across a range of platforms and perform web/social media updates.
Key Result Areas - To provide general administration and complete ad-hoc duties to support to the marketing department including:
- Invoice management
- Stationery procurement
- Marketing mailbox support
- To process and input information and data accurately via process documents, spreadsheets and general IT housekeeping of marketing drive including Document Management System
- To support the Membership and Local Marketing Manager with membership communications and with the development/delivery of branch marketing materials
- Point of sale/posters
- Freehold post
- Event communication
- Perform simple Content Management System web updates and assist the Digital Marketing Assistant with web-based activity
- To maintain the departments marketing/campaign calendars and monitor the email mailboxes
- Using our brand guidelines create in house imagery using Canva, InDesign and Photoshop
- Assist with mortgage and savings materials when required
- Assist with gathering information and data for monthly KPI and ad-hoc reports
- To conduct basic research and produce databases to support marketing functions
- Develop copywriting skills to assist in creating accurate and engaging content to communicate with internal and external audiences
- To provide holiday cover for the Digital Marketing Assistant and Product Assistant
- To understand the Society’s Risk Management Framework and proactively assess and challenge the robustness procedures and processes where they are not designed adequately or not functioning effectively via incident reporting and escalation to management. To escalate risk incidents in line with the Society’s escalation matrix
- Adherence to Society and department processes and procedures
- Own personal development and to keep up with current relevant issues in relation to own role and the Society
The closing date for this job offer is on 02/11/2020
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Ipswich Building Society (IBS)
With over 160 years experience in providing mortgages and savings for people in the East of England, Ipswich Building Society is uniquely placed to provide a personal service in our network of branches, agencies and over the telephone. As an independent mutua...