Catch Up® is a small charity in Thetford whose work reaches around the world.
We are on a mission to improve the Literacy and Numeracy skills of struggling learners. We deliver training to adults which enables them to help struggling learners improve their literacy or numeracy skills. The training can be delivered to the adults either face to face, or online. We all work hard on ensuring that our team moves forwards together, and we are happy to pitch in with any task, to ensure that a job gets done.
Catch Up® is a small charity in Thetford whose work reaches around the world. We are on a mission to improve the Literacy and Numeracy skills of struggling learners and there is an opportunity for an apprentice to join our team.
Our office team of 5 is looking for a new team member who wants to learn all about how a business is run. In our small team we encourage everyone to have a say in decisions, and we hold regular team meetings to ensure that this happens. We are offering to train you in all aspects of office administration, and to support you as you identify your talents, and where your future lies. Will it be administration, marketing, or finance? We just want you to be the best you can be. Your next steps could be with us.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
To support the mission, core values and philosophy of Catch Up® as displayed in the Catch Up® office and on the Catch Up® website and to contribute to the overall delivery of the key Milestones and, specifically to those areas of the Action Plan identified during appraisal and staffing review meetings, taking a lead with agreed, specific areas.
To support the work of colleagues and the development of Catch Up® by taking responsibility, with support and training where required, for providing administrative support as summarised below under ‘PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES’.
Responsible to the Assistant Office Manager
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the organisation’s administrative and clerical functions, both inside and outside the U.K., including using Excel, Outlook and Word in MS Office and the Catch Up® database and website, in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Dispatch outgoing mail and assist with general postal arrangements including: packing training materials and resources, safe lifting and handling of packages up to 12.5 kg, arranging post or carrier collection.
- Respond to enquiries, including by telephone and email, as required
- Prepare and send emails
- Ensure that all visitors and callers to the organisation are courteously and correctly received, including providing refreshments as required
- Undertake reprographic duties and associated tasks
- Maintain an efficient filing and archiving system
- Ensure that all office and communal areas are kept clean and tidy, in line with current guidelines
- To support the organisation’s dispatch, distribution, marketing and training systems
- To support the development of Catch Up® with communications, marketing, conferences and training, including booking hotels and travel arrangements for trainers and liaising with lead contacts where required
- To contribute to maximising trainee numbers, including making links between enquiries and future courses for marketing and communications purposes, with telephone follow up calls where required
- To attend meetings, including team meetings, as required
- To contribute to Catch Up® developing and implementing desktop publishing and social media-based communications, as required
- To attend and support at exhibitions and conferences and support with research developments, as required
- To support the Assistant Office Manager as required
- To follow all staff policies and ensure GDPR guidance followed in all communications.
- To carry out any other duties which are commensurate to the post
GCSE level 5 (C) or above in English and Maths is essential.
Candidates will be required to be proficient using the Micrsoft Office package.
Good telephone manner.
Able to use email.
Attention to detail.
Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Able to work in a team.
Willing to problem solve and have a 'can do' approach.
Willing to learn and act on advice.
Good organisational skills.
Understands confidentiality, and is able to honour confidentiality at all times.
Happy to ask questions.
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Things to consider
This an indoor office based role and will require long periods of computer use. Telephone contact with customers, and suppliers, will be required. The role will involve attending the Catch Up online training sessions to aid understanding of our product. The role involves lifting of packages up to a maximum of 12.5kg. This post is for 42 working weeks per year plus 25 paid holidays. The salary will be paid in 12 monthly payments.
This role could lead to a position within the administration team and has the potential to lead to a leadership role as Assistant Office Manager, or Office Manager.
The closing date for this job offer is on 09/07/2021
£7050 per year
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.