Glasswell & Last are an established business based in Bury St Edmunds. We work predominantly within the utility sectors with clients such as Anglian water and National Grid and after a management buy-out earlier this year we are now looking to expand our workforce. We work all over the UK with 90% of works in East Anglia.
There is an opportunity for an administration apprentice to join the team.
This role will be based within our office in Bury St Edmunds.
Working with and supporting the team in the office to undertake duties such as:
- Requesting quotations from suppliers
- Creating and tracking purchase orders
- Receiving and checking orders
- Monitoring materials and plant distribution to site
- Maintaining supplier relationships
- Maintaining warehouse stock levels/stock checks
- Tracking & organising plant/tools calibrations
- Compiling project manuals, material lists and critical spares lists
- Answering phone calls and forwarding them to the appropriate person
- Help create project programs and project test paperwork
- Time sheet collation and processing
- As an apprentice you will start with easy tasks, as experience and training progresses you will have more responsibly and will be expected to work on your own initiative.
GCSE Maths, Science & English Grade C / 4 or above is essential.
- Ability to listen and learn
- Able to work on their own initiative or as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- A positive phone manner
- High proficiency in MS word, Excel and outlook
- Ability to retain knowledge
- Ability to follow procedures and systems of work
- Good Time keeping
- Hard working
- Good organisation
- Attention to detail
Training to be Provided
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
Things to consider
This role will involve a lot of computer work, time on the telephone and communication with suppliers and project teams.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity of full-time employment with in the business. Further training is available for those who prove themselves capably and the desire to continue development of their skills / knowledge.
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£224 per week
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.