Quartzelec is a leading UK independent electrical engineering group delivering design, manufacturing, installation, maintenance and service solutions to customers across a broad range of industrial and commercial sectors.
An engineering authority with over 100 years' experience and technical expertise in the field of electrical contracting and the repair and maintenance of motors and generators.
Reporting to the Office Manager and working as part of the Bury St Edmunds team supporting the business unit, this apprenticeship will involve processing and reporting of information to assist in payroll and financial functions of the business. You will also gain exposure to tendering and project management plus general day to day business admin.
Some of the duties may include:
- Ensure all training records are up to date & recorded on business management system for the unit
- Assist the project team with Month end activities
- Assist the project team with monitoring debt, setting up of new customers and suppliers
- Ensure the absence module is managed and reported to Business Unit Managers
- Assist with the management of lease vehicles including pool/company cars and fuel cards
- Weekly input & processing of employee timesheets
- Weekly checks of employee timesheets ensuring accuracy for both Payroll & cost reporting
- Reporting of timesheet data to Business Unit Managers & Profit Centre Managers
- Scanning and electronic filing of documents
- Weekly input and processing of employees’ expenses ensuring compliance
- Processing of supplier invoices
- Customer and Supplier Account set up and review in line with our QA procedure
- Ensure all personnel documentation including visas & medicals are up to date to meet the business needs
- General support and compliance for the company Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures
Apprentices must have attained a minimum of 3 GCSE’s at grade 5 or higher in Maths, English and Science to be considered. - Essential.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Attention to detail
- Organisation skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team working
Training to be Provided
The learner will be studying the Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard qualification.
Day release to West Suffolk College.
Functional skills will be studied if equivalent qualifications are not held.
Things to consider
The role is ideal for someone wanting to progress into administration, office management, accountancy, business management or HR. The company is very focused on progression of apprentices and details can be found on our Linked in pages or company website.
Quartzelec are a global company employing over 600 people. The opportunity is to advance within the company in whichever field the apprentice wishes to go.
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/03/2024
£ 13029.12 per year
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.