About the employer
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are district councils working together offering a range of services for local people living in their area. The councils work with private and public sector organisations on a range of priorities and objectives.
Monday - Friday (Inclusive of study time) shifts TBC. Total hours per week: 37.00
This role will also suit someone with an interest in the Built Environment with potential opportunities for progression within the admin and surveying teams.
The following will be a part of your day-to-day office routine;
- Sorts and distributes post
- Maintains filing system and archives files in accordance with instructions and laid down retention periods
- Scans documents and/or sends faxes
- Inputs information into databases, ensuring its care, accuracy, confidentiality and security
- Maintains stationery supplies
- Provides excellent customer service
- Receives calls from internal or external sources, answering straightforward queries or signposting the caller to colleagues or external sources of information for help where appropriate
- Sets up and maintains straightforward spreadsheets to record information
- Liaises with colleagues in other teams or services or external contacts in arranging straightforward meetings or events (e.g. training courses) from instructions
- Processes orders and invoices under instruction
- Works co-operatively with others across teams and services
- Provide administrative support to the Development Management and Building Control Teams
- Scanning and Indexing incoming correspondence/applications
- Opportunity to gain a wider understanding of Planning and Building Control processes
- Work flexibly to support the Administration Teams as needed
- Printing planning applications from the Planning Portal
- Filing and photocopying
- Any other duties of a similar nature which may be required
Working within Building Control this role will offer the opportunity to learn and gain a variety of skills. Working alongside our administration, technical support and surveying teams, dealing with enquiries from the public and carrying out various detailed administration tasks, including processing and maintaining databases and spreadsheets. What could be better than earning some money, getting work experience to help you get your first job and gaining an NVQ qualification too?
The closing date for this job offer is on 12/02/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Babergh District Council
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils are two neighbouring district councils covering a large area in the middle of Suffolk which stretches from Norfolk to Essex. Together, Babergh and Mid Suffolk cover nearly 600sqm and have a population of approximately...