Applications for this role are now closed.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 130 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimise benefits, cultivate talent and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets, and ideas — the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
This is an opportunity to work on a cloud-based platform supporting the Affinity line of business globally. Affinity is a line of business (LoB) within Risk & Broking (RB) that supports clients to develop ancillary revenues through targeted solutions that help reduce costs, create differentiation, and improve customer retention and satisfaction rates. This is a high focus area of the Willis Tower Watson (WTW) business with huge potential and challenging targets.
Currently Affinity is delivered through a variety of platforms and solutions. A key part of the role is working closely with Subject Matter Experts to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to configure the platform (ATP) to support the business.
The chosen candidate will question, investigate, and ensure high standards; leading technical discussions, working alongside local and global members of staff, ensuring the team understand the technical solution and requirements fully, making changes where necessary, and ensuring issue and deadline communication is maintained.
Recommend solutions that enable the organisation to achieve its goals. Works with teams to help them understand and improve the effectiveness of their work. Supports the project and programme managers through all phases of the project lifecycle, from conceptual idea through to implementation and benefits realisation
- Challenge and identify process improvements
- Design, develop, document and implement projects and business improvements
- Develop support and eLearning materials
- Creating Features/PBIs based on the enhancements identified in analysis, providing support in building solutions
- Document current business processes and assist in development of options and recommendation for change
- Undertake requirements elicitation with stakeholders to identify business and user needs
- Identify data requirements relating to business improvement
- Configure the system to support business processes, providing Proof of Concepts during requirement analysis to confirm fit for system
- Document product configurations
- Define acceptance criteria for business and system changes and support business acceptance
- Maintain system configuration changes
- First contact point for queries from regional counterparts
- Support regional administrators in the configuration of products, providing advice, guidance, and training
- Train new users and provide ongoing training to existing users
- Extracting, converting, and cleansing data during a system to system and Excel based migration, including testing and sign off migrated data analysis and cleansing of migration data
- Support demonstrations of new system functionality
- Support commercial teams during technical pre-sales discussions and RFP responses
- Identify and evaluate business improvement opportunities
- Provide support and guidance through User Acceptance Testing, creation of test scripts, analyse and prioritisation of defects
- Help ensure projects are delivered within the agreed time, cost and quality parameters
*** Please note that we do not accept multiple applications and you should only select and apply to one programme per year***
If you possess a IT related degree or a Level 4 digital apprenticeship, unfortunately you cannot currently be considered for this role.
Training to be provided
Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship Programme
This Apprenticeship is a 18-month programme where you will be provided with on-the-job training and a highly competitive study support package. You will be fully supported by Willis Towers Watson and our official government approved Training Provider throughout the duration of the programme.
Level 3 in an ICT-related subject (e.g. A Level, or BTEC Level 3)
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) in any subject at grade A-C including Maths and English
Skills and qualities
IT literate and a competent user of Microsoft Office tools especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Knowledge in C# and excel macros is desirable
Excellent communications skills written and verbal
The Application Process
Stage 1: Online application, including CV
Stage 2: Online testing
Stage 3: Video interview – in partnership with the Bright Network, we have created an academy module on “How to Ace your Video Interview”. Click here to sign up and watch it!
Stage 4: Online assessment centre
Stage 5: Offer and on-boarding
In partnership with Willis Towers Watson, this module will help you prepare for upcoming interviews. With a key focus on video interviews, Willis Towers Watson.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
The start date for the UK Apprenticeship Programme will be September 2022.
How to apply
Please use the attached link to register and apply https://wtw.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/loginhttps://wtw.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/05/2022
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.