Business Development Officer
Construction Training Specialists Ltd - Norwich
Operations Director – Business Development
Summary of Post
- To promote and increase apprenticeship and full cost delivery by engaging with employers.
- To undertake business skills analysis checks and to work in partnership with employers to ensure needs are serviced and met.
- To undertake pre-placement checks with employers to confirm suitability for apprenticeship delivery.
- To be predominantly based out of the office with a focus for generating and capturing maximum number of employer visits.
- To follow up leads and self-generate appointments in line with agreed targets and marketing and sales campaigns.
- Carrying out Business Development activities to engage with new and existing employers for apprenticeships and full cost training.
- Carry out visits to new and existing employers to discuss apprenticeship and full cost provision.
- Undertake organisational needs analysis where requested to identify new business for CTS with both new and existing employers.
- Assist the employers with completion of apprenticeship vacancy templates.
- Carry our pre-placement checks, health and safety reviews and employer sign ups to ensure suitability and commitment of placement for apprenticeships.
- Ensure CTS management information systems are updated and managed appropriately.
- Work with employers to ensure compliance of legislation, acting as a one point of contact for employers in relation to disciplinary issues, safeguarding issues, health and safety advice and HR advice.
- Liaise with employers to secure placements for Pre-Apprenticeship learners and any other government funded initiatives that require work experience.
- Undertake exit reviews with employers on completion of apprenticeship delivery to discuss new opportunities within the organisation.
- Undertake further business needs analysis to secure new business for CTS.
- Be familiar with the full CTS offer and make recommendations of new products in line with industry feedback and labour market information.
- Delivering, promoting and supporting good practice in relation to Equality, Diversity and Safeguarding ensuring compliance with CTS policy and procedures.
- Promoting and consistently exemplifying both internally and externally the values and behaviours of CTS’s vision.
- Responsibility to co-operate, and for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working environment and own health and safety.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and vulnerable adults.
- Maintain job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional networks.
- Free on site parking
- Ground floor office (wheel chair accessible)
- Head office is surrounded by local shops and located approximately 20 minutes from Norwich City Centre (by car).
- Regular staff outings
- Pension scheme
- Dependent on the candidate’s experience.
- Every 3 months for the first 12 months. The contract then becomes full time.
- It is preferred that candidates have three or more years’ experience in this field.
- You must be able to prioritise your work.
- Have a professional and friendly manner, be presentable at all times and have a good sense of humour and be driven and ambitious.
- 5 x GCSE'S from A-C (or equivalent)
- IAG Level 3 (Information, Advice and Guidance)
- Health and Safety qualification
Location: Norfolk and Suffolk based
**Applicants must be prepared to travel throughout various parts of East Anglia on a regular basis. It is vital that applicants have a clean Full UK Driving License as a company vehicle will be available upon prior arrangement**
Working Hours: Monday - Friday (8:30am-5:00pm)
**additional hours may be required due to the nature of this role**
Construction Training Specialists Ltd are an independent construction training provider based in East Anglia with a presence in Norfolk and Suffolk. We focus on providing high quality construction training and assessment for local and national companies and individuals across the United Kingdom. The services we offer include: -
- Apprenticeship Training – For existing or new employees.
- NVQ Assessment – For experienced workers with no formal qualifications.
- Self-Funded Courses (any age) – For private students looking to upskill or retrain.
- Accredited Funded Courses – Free of charge to those who are 19+ and in receipt of benefit.
- Recruitment service - For employers looking to recruit apprentices.
- Job opportunities via Building Futures in Norwich in association with Norwich City Council.
Our bespoke recruitment service is offered to employers looking to recruit apprentices free of charge. CTS are associated with Norwich City Council running the Building Futures in Norwich project providing a range of job opportunities for anyone unemployed, just left training and live in the Norwich area. In addition to employment, the scheme also allows for formally recognised on-the-job training to be given with the aim of providing sustainable employment for the future. Over the last 15 years CTS have built up an excellent reputation with local businesses, individuals and advisors across the region. As of August 2017, CTS were acquired as a subsidiary by Peterborough Regional College which has ensured the development and growth of the business.
Closing date: Applications must be submitted by 19th July 2018
Office contact: Sarah Wilkinson
Job Type: Full-time
Full UK Driving Licence
The closing date for this job offer is on 19/07/2018
Dependent on the candidate’s experience.
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk and Suffolk based
About Construction Training Specialists
Construction Training Specialists Ltd are a well established unique construction training and development company based in Norwich with a very flexible approach to training. Construction Training Specialists Ltd offer a wide range of apprenticeships and constr...