BDO is an accountancy and business advisory firm. Our global network operates in 167 countries with 1600 offices worldwide. The are recruiting for an Apprentice Business Services & Outsourcing Assistant for their Ipswich offices under the school leaver programme
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Business Services and Outsourcing (BS&O) team are essential to meeting our clients' changing needs. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services, they also play a key role in helping our teams around the world collaborate.
The team helps international clients manage their accounting needs by drawing on BDO’s expertise and investing in processes, systems and people to solve a huge range of challenges.
The graduate programme offers the opportunity to develop in one of the industry’s most exciting and varied roles. If you can show initiative and the potential for exceptional problem-solving skills, you’ll gain a unique insight into how business works across the world.
Programme & Qualification
BDO offer the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) qualification on the Level 4 apprenticeship programme.
The AAT qualification offers practical, real-world experience to meet the demands of finance roles across all industries, at all levels and provides you with all the skills you need.
The duration of this programme is around 24 months. Following the successful completion of the AAT, you will be given the opportunity to study towards the ACCA (Association of Certified Chartered Accountants) qualification, becoming a fully qualified chartered certified accountant within 4-5 years.
Depending on the focus of your local team responsibilities should include:
• Maintain records for our clients using various accounting software packages including Xero, Quickbooks and Sage 50
• Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes
• Prepare both management and statutory accounts for clients under the supervision of more senior members of the team
• Undertake financial close procedures eg reconciliation of inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules
• Produce statutory accounts under both UK GAAP and IFRS for review by managers including working on consolidations and cash flows
• Applies understanding of the client to ensure the transactions are recorded appropriately, and make commercial sense, and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team for consideration.
• Develop a basic knowledge of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK included reporting requirements, tax requirements (employment, corporate and VAT), filing requirements from a company secretarial perspective and general commercial awareness
• Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive excellent service • Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
How to apply
Please visit https://www.bdoearlyincareer.co.uk/ to get further information and submit your application.
The closing date for this job offer is on 28/02/2022
£19,500 per year
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.