Applications for this role are now closed.
Our 34 bedrooms become home to adult and elderly people with a variety of requirements and complex needs. Bariatric, Acquired Brain Injury, Dementia, Physical Disability, Multiple Sclerosis and Motor Neurone Disease are a few of the needs we manage. We have been awarded the Gold Standard Framework for our End of Life Care.
Four of our rooms are equipped for those individuals with an Acquired Brain Injury. Our Bariatric rooms have state of the art equipment, including the Vendlet system, which enables us to manage the larger person safely with dignity and also afford them the opportunity of maintaining their independence.
Soham Lodge becomes a home to adult and elderly people with a variety of requirements and complex needs. Carers, nurses, managers, directors and administrators work collaboratively to ensure safe care and happy fulfilled lives while with us.
There is an opportunity for an administrator apprentice to join the team.
- Comply with company procedure for regular COVID testing and vaccination.
- Adhere to company procedure relating to PPE and health and safety.
- Register LFD and PCR tests and book courier collections for PCR's.
- Answering and directing telephone calls to appropriate person.
- Answering telephone and taking clear, legible messages and cascading to appropriate staff.
- Responding to calendar invites and booking visits on electronic calendar.
- Preserve confidentiality of all tasks undertaken while at work and when out of work.
- Understanding of GDPR.
- Working knowledge of word, excel and outlook.
- Offer general assistance to the team, residents and visitors to the home, either face to face, over the telephone or email.
- Undertake various administrative duties which contribute to the smooth running of the home, including provision of clerical support to clinical and other staff.
- Ensure communication to and from residents, their relatives, other members the primary health care team and external agencies is processed accurately and within the necessary timescales.
- Update numerous data charts on a regular basis.
GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths are essential.
Communication (written and verbal)
Cheerful and pleasant with good sense of humor.
Polite and courteous to colleagues, residents, visitors and professionals.
Training to be Provided
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship
Things to consider
The weeks that you work the weekend, we will get 2 days off in the week.
With the growth of Soham Lodge Care Centre there is a possibility that this may become a full time permanent position.
The closing date for this job offer is on 17/07/2021
£187 per week
This job is located in Soham, near Ely, Cambs
How to Apply
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.