About the employer
We run over 120 homes and day clubs across the UK. We provide residential, nursing, dementia and end-of-life care for older people. As a leading provider of apprenticeships in healthcare, we currently have over 700 apprentices. Our goal is to help every apprentice fulfil his or her potential – with first-class training and support.
33 hours per week - shift work. Total hours per week: 33.00
- Deliver high quality personal care following the care plan and individual resident wishes to ensure the comfort and dignity of each resident
- Adhere to the local Safeguarding policy, incorporating the Duty of Candour requirements
- Deliver of care that it is of high quality and maintains the dignity and well-being of residents
- Understand the importance of privacy, dignity, choice and consent and uphold these basic rights at all times
- Contribute to the individualised person centered care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations
- Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with all company policy and procedures whilst at work
- Carry out responsibilities for residents ensuring that residents receive one-to-one quality time when on duty
- In consultation with the residents/families offer support to maintain the resident’s room, clothing and property in order
- Establish professional working relationships with the residents as well as their families and friends, to provide a safe and reassuring environment
- Work collaboratively within the team to promote a healthy, professional and friendly atmosphere for all residents as well as their families and friends
- Support new residents and their families and friends in orientation of the home environment
- Maintain communication and working relationships with healthcare professionals in the home
- Be professional, courteous and transparent in your communication
- Assist and actively encourage the social care and the well-being of residents
- Escort residents out of the home when required for appointments etc. following completion of a risk assessment by the registered nurse
- Attend opportunities for personal training and development to meet CareUK and the apprenticeship programme requirements
- Commit to and complete the requirements of the apprenticeship
- Complete any other reasonable task requested by the Clinical Lead or Home Manager which is within your competence
- To assist the resident's as with any personal care required (i.e help toileting, changing pads, washing etc).
- Assisting at meal times.
- Helping resident's to get up in the morning and to bed in the evenings. (This may include hoisting. Training will be given).
- Offering companionship and keeping the residents company throughout the day.
- Updating and reviewing any care plans.
- Liaising with Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
- Escalating and issues or concerns to Senior Carers and Team Leaders.
- Ensure that residents are safeguarded effectively.
- Ensure the residents safety at all times.
- Manual handling.
- Team work and Relationship Building
As an apprentice at Care UK, you can look forward to:
- Full-time 12-month apprenticeship (minimum 30 hours per week)
- Competitive pay – we pay the National Living Wage
- High quality 12-week induction
- Supportive mentor
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care
- Option to apply for Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship (if successful at Level 2)
- Opportunity to work towards a nursing or management role
- Childcare vouchers
- Free uniform
- Thousands of online and in-store discounts
The closing date for this job offer is on 04/02/2019
This job is located in Eye, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.