CARE SPECIALIST ROLE SPECIFICATION
Care Specialists support people with all aspects of their day to day living, including social and physical activities, personal care, mobility, and mealtimes.
Care Specialists work in people’s own homes or in the community. Carers who work in the community are sometimes called domiciliary carers which often involves travelling to different people’s houses.
Our team members are titled Care Specialists as they specialise in specific relevant subjects such as, Dementia, End of Life or Infection Prevention and Control. Care Specialists complete a lot of training as an on-going process to develop themselves.
Care Specialists provide additional help such as supporting to learn life skills, such as cooking or providing emotional support and befriending.
Care Specialists work with lots of different people including adults with learning disabilities, physical disabilities, mental health conditions and older people.
Your role will include:
- supporting people with social and physical activities
- booking and going with people to appointments
- helping with personal care such as support with showering and dressing
- supporting people with eating and drinking
- monitoring individuals’ conditions by taking their temperature and helping with medication.
There are also some specific skills needed to work in this role. These include:
- the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your workload.
- good listening and communication skills
- the ability to understand and follow policies and procedures
- good writing skills to fill in care plans and other records
Everyone working in social care needs English, number, digital and employability skills including teamwork and problem-solving skills.
To apply, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/12/2021
This job is located in East Bergholt, Capel St Mary, Hadleigh, Dedham and Manningtree, Suffolk & Essex
About We Simply Care
We are a home care agency who deliver quality, reliable, person centred, Care Services in East Bergholt, Capel St Mary, Hadleigh and surrounding areas.