Chef Apprenticeship - Mitchells & Butlers Retail Ltd
Join us at Vintage Inns, a collection of rural pubs where muddy boots and paws are welcome. You'll find roaring log fires, traditional food and a cosy atmosphere. If you want to be part of the Inn Crowd, we want to hear from you.
Closing date: 24 Jun 2021
Weekly wage: £138.60 to £267.30
Working week: Shift work including bank holidays, evenings and weekends. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 30.00
Expected duration: 65 weeks
Possible start date: 01 Jul 2021
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate Level 2 (GCSE)
Reference number: VAC001717997
Positions: 1 available
As an apprentice Chef at Vintage Inns, we will help you master our menu, with your food being the reason guests keep coming through our doors! You'll thrive off the hustle and bustle of a fast-paced kitchen, with the support of a close-knit team, because it's the people that make it all worthwhile.
- Be a champion of brand standards
- Keep your kitchen clean
- Prepare everything that is needed before a busy shift
- Cook to spec and work with recipes
You don't need any experience as we can teach you everything! If you are willing to learn and be proud to work with us, we can show you exactly what it takes to become a vital team member in any kitchen.
You'll take on a full-time role in the kitchen under the supervision of passionate chefs alongside your training. Not only do you gain a Level 2 Production Chef Apprenticeship, you will be able to support the running of our kitchens, creating some amazing moments making sure that quality never slips for our guests!
What your apprenticeship includes:
- A mixture of face to face and skype/phone catch ups every 4 - 6 weeks
- A mixture of on and off the job training, including workshops and webinars
- Reviews every 12 weeks with the Apprentice, Line Manager and Lifetime Trainer
- Feedback sessions to discuss progress
- Obtain Functional Skills in English and maths (if you don't already have GCSE)
- 30 hours paid work every week
BENEFITS FOR M&B STAFF:
- Love eating out? You'll love it even more with a massive 33% discount across all our brands. Whether its date night at Miller & Carter or family roast at Toby Carvery, we've got you covered
- Never a dull moment - fun, laughs and lifelong friends
- Funded qualification up to degree level
- Charity is important to us. From the company charities to the one which is close to your heart; you can choose how to give something back
- Enjoy a 33% discount off a cosy stay at our Inn Keepers Lodges
- On top of all this, we offer a pension; 28 days paid holiday; high-street shopping discounts; and we even give you free shares
- At Mitchells and Butlers, you will be working towards a Production Chef level 2 Apprenticeship standard over the course of 15 months.
Requirements and prospects
None! We're just looking for your passion, personality and desire to learn and progress in the industry!
It takes a mixture of ingredients to make the perfect dish, and our teams are no different. You'll...
- Have a passion for hospitality (if you know, you know!)
- Have a great eye for detail
- Be super organised
- Be a team player
We know hospitality can be hard work, but its super rewarding. As a team at Vintage Inns, we always pull together with smiles on our faces. We know it's a cliché, but it really is the people that make it so worthwhile. When you join us, you become part of our work family, all 47,000 of us up and down the country.
- No qualifications required!
Ongoing support and development.
Things to consider
Wage will be National Minimum Wage for your age:
16-17 years old - £4.62 an hour
18-20 years old - £6.56 an hour
21-22 years old - £8.36 an hour
23+ years old - £8.91 an hour
About the employer
You already know Mitchells & Butlers, even if you don't realise it! That's because we run many of the UK's most famous restaurant and pub brands, including: All Bar One, Sizzling Pubs, Vintage Inns, Harvester, Ember Inns, Toby Carvery, Crown Carveries, Castle, Nicholson's, Premium Country Dining Group, O'Neill's, Alex, Village Pub & Kitchen, Miller & Carter, Browns, Innkeeper's Lodge, Orchid Pubs and The Oak Tree.
Mitchells & Butlers Retail Ltd
LIFETIME TRAINING GROUP LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Lifetime Training Ltd
Hospitality Production Chef Level 2
Functional Skills in maths and English
Apprenticeship standard: Production Chef Level 2 (GCSE)
The closing date for this job offer is on 24/06/2021
£138.60 to £267.30 per week
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
This site offers you an insight into Norfolk & Suffolk's most successful organisations, how they fit into our growing economy & the career & training opportunities on offer. Plus tools & resources for students, parents, careers leads & teachers that support ca...