About the employer
BB Training is a private training company, part of the Busy Bees Group, with nurseries throughout the country. We are also a sector specific Training Provider in the Care Sector, specialising in Childcare and Catering.
Monday to Friday on a rota basis. Potential start is 7:30 am and latest finish time 6:00 pm. Total hours per week: 35.00
Apprentices form a valid role within our nurseries as employed members of the staff team. It will be expected that apprentices progress from Intermediate Level 2, onto an Advanced Apprenticeship at Level 3, completing both qualifications within 36 months. This starts your progression of career at Busy Bees, hopefully going on to fulfil senior positions within our nurseries.
Successful candidates may be put forward to a Centre of Excellence (Nursery Site) and this may involve travelling to other nursery sites during and after completion of the apprenticeship.
Please find below some of your duties and expectations as an apprentice:
- Involvement in planning stimulating activities for the children in your care in line with the EYFS
- Assisting in delivering a high level of quality childcare maintaining a professional and positive outcome for both children and staff
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and team members
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met
- Contributing to the safeguarding of all children
- Actively work towards the apprenticeship frameworks provided by BB Training with an expectation of completion within the agreed timeframe
- Be enthusiastic and proactive in developing own skills within the workplace
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional development
- Communicate with their line Manager regarding the activities and progress within the room
As an Apprentice, you will be working alongside qualified staff who will show you the ropes. You will be assigned a mentor to provide you with support within your nursery, helping you to complete the tasks you need so you can progress in your qualification. You will attend Learning & Development courses at our training centres, where you will be provided with knowledge to develop your personal skills and practice.
Your Training Officer will visit you regularly in your nursery, assessing the work you are doing, providing recognition for your progress and vital guidance on how you can improve.
Apprenticeships are an excellent way to kick start your career with Busy Bees!
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2019
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.