Applications for this role are now closed.
Axa Insurance has a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
Do you have a natural ability to relate to people?
Are you a champion for customer service who has a professional telephone manner?
Then you could be the perfect addition to our team.
Being there for our customer when things go wrong is exactly why our Claims teams exist, the quality of service they provide at that moment of truth is what sets AXA apart from the competition.
Working within our commercial motor claims team as a Claims Handler you'll be answering calls from our customers and Third Parties reporting their motor claims.
The kinds of claims typically received in the department are; accident claims, personal injury claims as a result of a road traffic accident and even property damage due to collisions. As well as speaking to third party suppliers, such as approved repairers in arranging damage repairs, so you’ll be speaking to an array of different people.
You’ll taking all the details regarding the incident to establish if the customer is eligible to make a claim and then guiding them through the process and supporting them through the whole claims process.
Every claim is different and that’s what gives the job so much variety!
About the role
You won’t need any claims experience as our comprehensive eleven-week training programme will give you all the knowledge and skills you’ll need to become a competent Claims Handler, capable of helping our customers make sense of the often complex world of insurance claims.
Above all we are seeking candidates with a passion for continually delivering excellent customer service.
At AXA we pride ourselves on our award winning claims service, which is committed to service excellence and continual improvement for our customers.
Online Assessment followed by a virtual interview with one of our friendly team leaders.
Working Pattern & Training
Our role is full time, working a 35 hour week, and the shifts are 8am – 4pm, 9am – 5pm and 10-6pm you will be giving a rota of your shifts generally a month in advance.
Based in Haverhill town centre the office consists of around 240 staff, we pride ourselves of our really tight-knit team, which is a warm and friendly environment to work in. The office has been adapted following COVID safety guidelines and you will be required to work from the office for the full duration of training, the role will then move to a hybrid role, working between home and the office.
We look for a range of diverse qualities in candidates for this role:
Previous customer service experience is vital, but we’re very open-minded about the industry sector in which you’ve gained this. It could be retail, hospitality, catering, health or social care. The important thing is that you’ve learnt to put the customer at the heart of everything you do.
- Confident, clear, professional and courteous telephone manner able to put people at their ease.
- A naturally empathic and compassionate nature. We value life experience as highly as technical skills.
- An enquiring mind, able to gather the facts with relevant questions whilst using initiative.
- PC literate as good basic PC skills are essential, although we will obviously teach you how to use our insurance-specific software packages as part of your training programme.
- Ability to effectively manage your own workload and prioritise effectively, whilst maintaining an excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Good level of literacy and numeracy GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, Grade C or above.
Benefits and what we offer
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater here’s a selection of our current benefits:
- 23 days starting annual leave entitlement, which increases to 28 with service.
- Annual Salary £17,290
- Flexi-time working, with the opportunity to work up an extra 13 days off a year.
- Annual bonus scheme - linked to yours and the company’s performance.
- Pension scheme - With matched employer contribution.
- Life assurance (10 x basic salary).
- Flexible benefits scheme, such as purchasing extra holiday allowance, discount on all AXA Insurance products, discounted private healthcare with our own brand Private Healthcare AXA PPP.
- Access to Reward Gateway where you can access over 1,100 negotiated offers online including discounted Gym Memberships and discounts on Holidays, Curries and PC World electrical and many more!
- We encourage, contribute and support you to take professional insurance qualifications to aid your long term personal development.
- Smart/Casual office dress code.
- On-site staff car park (subject to daily space availability)
- Free drinks (tea / coffee etc.)
How to apply
To apply for this vacancy you will need to register on this link and complete the online application
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/06/2021
£17,290 + Excellent Benefits
This job is located in Haverhill, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.