Riverwalk School caters for pupils aged 3 -19 who have severe, profound and complex learning needs. We are located in the town of Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, England, UK. Pupils are placed at Riverwalk School by Suffolk County Education Authority.
We hope to recruit a part time Cleaning Operative
There are 10 hours a week available over 44 weeks in the year from 3pm - 6pm Monday to Friday there is some flexibility to enable working around school, college or other commitments
Under the direction of Site Manager or Headteacher post holder is responsible for ensuring the school buildings are maintained in a clean and safe condition for use to the standard required. No supervisory responsibilities.
All duties are carried out within recognised procedures or guidelines.
There will be some need to interpret information or situations and to resolve straightforward problems
DUTIES AT THIS LEVEL
• Ensure lights are turned off and windows are closed.
• General cleaning duties as directed and to specification.
• Undertake cleaning and maintenance during school closures in accordance with specification.
• Ensure health and safety regulations are complied with.
The duties and responsibilities of this post may vary from time to time and post holders may be expected to undertake other duties of a similar level / nature which is considered appropriate to the level of this post.
In addition, all cleaning duties must be carried out in accordance with health and safety
procedures, as follows:
• Wearing personal protective equipment and clothing e.g. goggles when mixing chemicals and water, dust masks when cleaning pottery rooms, rubber gloves
• Correct use of colour coded equipment and consumables e.g. cloths, gloves to prevent cross contamination
• Safe care and correct use of cleaning chemicals
• In the event of an accident, refer to COSSH data sheet for guidance
How to apply
Please contact the school for further information at: email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2022
To be advised
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.