Applications for this role are now closed.
**Apprenticeship - 48 month Fixed Term Contract. Followed by a 6 month assessment period **
We welcome applications from individuals wishing to become an Apprentice and gain experience in the NHS. You will develop new skills and knowledge whilst working with an established team gaining valuable work experience and a recognised apprenticeship qualification.
You will be enrolled with a local education provider and will be required to complete your Engineering Technician - Mechatronic Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard Level 3 Apprenticeship Programme within the duration of the placement.
Clinical Engineering provides a medical equipment management service for the Norfolk & Norwich University and Cromer Hospital
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an apprentice mechanical/electronics technician to join a team of highly experienced medical equipment technicians
This is a four year apprenticeship and the roles and responsibilities will reflect the skills acquired through each phase of the apprenticeship
This is an ideal opportunity to gain experience within the NHS and develop new skills and knowledge whilst working.
As post holder you will be required to work on a rotational basis across all areas of the Clinical Engineering department and duties will include:
- Working under the supervision of the section manager or specialist technician
- To use standard and computer software and or the internet to support aspects of medical equipment management
- Take responsibility for the Preventative Planned Maintenance (PPMs) on all suitable equipment as directed by the workshop manager
- To be able to complete any appropriate work requests from the service desk that have been allocated by the workshop manager
To support the delivery of a high quality, safe and compassionate healthcare service, all staff are expected to act as a role model to others in all aspects of their work and consistently demonstrate NNUH’s ‘PRIDE’ values of People focused, Respect, Dedication, Integrity and Excellence.
All applicants must be:
- Aged 16+
- Resident in the UK/EEA for the last three years
- Must not have a Degree, Level 4 qualification or above
- Must NOT be in any form of formal government-funded education
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Good general standard of education
- 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good IT skills
The NNUH are pleased to be able to offer a variety of challenging apprenticeships. Should you be selected for interview we may wish to discuss with you a range of alternative positions for you to consider.
Year 1 – £161.25 per week
Year 2 – National Minimum Wage (age dependent)
Year 3 – Band 2
Year 4 – Band 3
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
8th June 2021
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/05/2021
£161.25 per week
This job is located in Norwich
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH)
The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust carries out nearly one million outpatient appointments, day case procedures and inpatient admissions annually.