To join our team of experienced chefs to learn how to develop your own creative flavours and assist in the running of the soul station kitchen. From safe food practice to stock control and developing your chef skills.
As an Apprentice Chef, you will assist the Chef, and train to skilfully produce a variety of good quality food dishes to a high standard of preparation, production and presentation.
Main duties will include:
- Prepare and cook vegetables, salads, sweets, butchery, and sauces
- Prepare starter and dessert plates
- Assist with preparation and use basic cooking skills and techniques to produce dishes
- Use traditional cuts and preparation techniques for meat, poultry, fish and vegetables
- Work as part of the kitchen team to ensure the dishes produced are of a high quality and delivered on-time
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes in line with recipe specifications
- Identify principles of basic food preparation, allergens, diet and nutrition
- Check food stocks and ensure food storage areas are in good order
- Assist with set up, preparation and cleaning tasks
- Maintain a clean and hygienic kitchen environment at all times and complete kitchen documentation as required
- Follow food safety legislation and procedures
- Help to review and refresh menus in line with business and customer requirements
- Keep up to date with business and industry trends
- Assist with all general kitchen duties.
Working in a kitchen environment can be pressured and stressful at times in order to ensure timely service delivery from the kitchen; it is equally rewarding for somebody who is keen to learn and develop in the hospitality industry.
Enthusiasm and a true passion for food are key to this role.
You will be required to work well as part of a team and you must be prepared to take direction and guidance from senior members of the kitchen team.
Mixed shifts 5 days a week: AM shifts from 7am, PM shifts from 4pm. 30 minute unpaid lunch breaks. Between 30-40 hours per week.
Restaurant opening hours: Tuesday to Saturday 8am - 10pm, Sundays 9am-2pm.
Total hours per week: 30.00
- Able to work methodically and prioritise
- Team player and able to work closely with others
- Basic knife skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Personal qualities
- Enthusiasm and takes pride in work
- Interest in food and industry trends
- Attention to detail
- Committed and reliable
- Excellent timekeeping.
Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths or GCSE, or equivalents, Grade 2/E is preferable. If not, learners will be required to attend additional sessions.
Permanent full time chef position with the prospect of continuing to level 3 and a senior chef position.
Things to consider
This is the first of many Harry’s Soul Stations and you could be part of the company development.
We have a very strong team work ethic and believe everyone should play a part in each role in the restaurant to gain understanding and respect for every team members rolls and responsibilities.
A cross trained team is a strong one that has everyone’s backs. You will have the opportunity to have a go at every aspect of the job.
We are hoping to recruit for one position for a May 2022 start and another for September 2022 start.
To apply: Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please could applicants express their preference of start date if possible, May or September 2022
Free team meals
Early closing times
Located off the inner ring road
Working for a family business
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
150 per week
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About Harrys Soul Train
About Us Harrys Soul Train is our family business run by Mum Donna, Dad Marc and our son Harry.Our love for street food and world cuisine along side our 20+ years in the catering industry and our sons love for creating in the kitchen has lead to Harry’s Soul...