37 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday but may include some weekends and evenings on an occasional basis. Total hours per week: 37.00
- To undertake food preparation and production under guidance of chefs under guidance of duty restaurant manager, in a busy professional kitchen and restaurant environment.
- To undertake food preparation in support of a wide variety of internal and external events.
- To cook and present dishes to customer requirements and appropriate standards where relevant.
- To clean down kitchen or external venues as required after service.
- To carry out and/or supervise cash handling and banking where relevant.
- To contribute to stores operation to maintain effective operational practice.
- To maintain a clean and safe working environment
- To assist in menu planning, event /activity planning and food ordering where relevant.
- To attend theory classes in support of studies according to your individual learning plan.
- To meet agreed targets set within regular reviews for all relevant framework components.
- To ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- To present and maintain a customer focused approach at all times demonstrating consistently good standards of customer service.
- To present a professional approach at all times in line with staff expectations.
- To work as a member of a team when required in support of shared objectives, including routine tasks associated with the regular upkeep of working areas.
- To ensure compliance with statutory regulations and to be fully conversant with specific regulations applicable to individual areas.
This Job Description sets out the major duties associated with the stated purpose of the post. It should not be assumed that other duties undertaken within the office are excluded simply because they are not itemised.
The duties of the post could vary from time to time as a result of new legislation, changes in technology or teaching requirements, in which case appropriate training may be given to enable the postholder to undertake this new/varied work.
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/04/2019
This job is located in Ipswich, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success. At Suffolk New College, you’ll be signed up to a programme of s...