Boasting a heady combination of romance and glamour, Swynford Manor is a delightfully different, exclusive use wedding venue in Cambridgeshire.
Situated within easy reach of the city of Cambridge, the market town of Newmarket, only 5 minutes' drive from Essex via the A11 and located just 20 minutes from Stansted airport via the M11 motorway, this classic country house wedding venue dates back to the early 1800's. Once the home of Lord Byron’s half-sister, Augusta Leigh, the house has a rich history and a very distinctive style.
Set in beautiful grounds, with majestic, mature trees and open lawns, our Cambridgeshire wedding venue features elegant and wonderfully surprising interiors, an indulgent and luxurious honeymoon suite and 12 lavish guest bedrooms. For those seeking a boutique chic style in the country, Swynford Manor is your perfect choice.
We are looking for a Commis Chef to join our talented team
This is a great opportunity to join Swynford Manor, and begin your career progression.
You will be given a personalised online training platform and career development path which will include training, accreditations and qualifications to help you reach your career goal.
Your main duties as a Commis chef will include:
- Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes to hotel standard ·
- Helping the senior chefs and head chef to develop new dishes and menus ·
- Ensuring you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety ·
- Learning to monitor portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
- You will be required to work 40 hours per week
What skills do I need?
- An appropriate qualification, such as NVQ Level 1 or higher in Catering.
- A positive attitude
- Organisational flair
- A Team player
- Competitive Salary
- Career development plans and training available to further career
- As a family hotel group we promote a work/life balance
- We are an equal opportunities employer
How to Apply
Please email your Cv and cover letter for the attention of Richard Millar Email: email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2021
£9.00 per hour
This job is located in Newmarket, Suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.