Applications for this role are now closed.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
About the employer
Felixstowe is a delightful seaside town. It has a vibrant town centre with a wide range of national chains and local specialists. There are restaurants and cafes to suit all tastes. Clubs and organisations cater for most interests including an excellent range of sporting facilities. Felixstowe is home to Britain's major container Port and the comings and goings of the ships provide interest to the seascape. Felixstowe's seafront has traditional seaside fun and quiet beaches for families. Its attractions range from the unique fishing hamlet of Felixstowe Ferry to the Nature Reserve and historic Fort at Landguard.
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm. Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 May 2021
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2. Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
Duties will include:
- Resolve queries from members of the public and councillors (via email, social media, telephone and in person); taking and relaying accurate messages as necessary
- To support the development of a communications plan in order to maintain and raise the profile of the Town Council's social media and online presence with the aim of keeping key stakeholders informed about the work of the Council
- Provide support for social media campaigns and responses, including filming, photography, writing articles and press releases
- To respond to media enquiries under supervision, ensuring a good relationship is maintained with media through efficient responses
- To analyse communications data and local authority-related communications matters, report findings and act on them as directed
- To assist in maintaining the Town Council website to ensure important and useful information is highlighted to residents
- To assist in the research and writing of articles for internal and external publications, such as the Town Council's quarterly magazine
- Ensure compliance with Council's policies including Health & Safety, Equality and Data Protection
- Observe and comply with all good working practices within the office
- To attend meetings of the Council and Committees as required
- To fulfil the obligations of the Apprenticeship programme
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post
The closing date for this job offer is on 09/04/2021
This job is located in Felixstowe
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.