Contract Type: 2 year fixed term contract
Other key information: Online interview and assessment process
Are you looking to kick-start your career working with the community?
Role Snapshot… While studying towards a level 3 apprenticeship, you will gain plenty of practical experience in delivering events and projects which are designed to have a positive impact on the lives of the residents of Broadland and South Norfolk.
What you could be part of…
The Communities team provides a range of services for residents which include engaging with community groups, delivering a highly regarded holiday scheme for young people, providing physical activity opportunities for those with stable health conditions, building bespoke support packages for vulnerable people, facilitating grant programs, processing information for Assets of Community Value (ACV) and enabling a variety of events to take place.
The team puts the resident first. Our aim is to enable communities to flourish, and the administration of our various engagement projects is key to this.
Working at the Council enables you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and we challenge ourselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing…
Supporting the planning, preparation and marketing of various community engagement projects.
Helping to deliver projects and events in the community including school holiday sessions for children and young people.
Working within the Early Help Hub, acting as the first point of contact to residents who may be vulnerable; offering a bespoke support package depending on their needs.
Assisting with administration including financial tasks, taking bookings, maintaining records and filing.
Responding to a wide range of queries via telephone, in writing and face to face.
You must have…
- Four GCSEs (A – C / 4 – 9) including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of working with children and/or young people.
- The ability to work within a varied team as well as evidencing capability to work independently.
- Experience of completing set tasks, following procedure and using initiative when required.
- The ability to demonstrate good customer service as well as professional communication skills that you can adapt to the required audience.
- The desire and commitment to study for and undertake required training.
- A current driving licence.
What’s in it for you…
Our package includes:
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions about the role and can contact Nicola Pye on 01603 430538 or Dan Goodwin on 01603 430563 to answer these for you.
Interview date: 02 and 03 November 2020
The closing date for this job offer is on 26/10/2020
£12,070 - £17,321 per annum
This job is located in Long Stratton, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.