We are seeking a self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic candidate to join our hard-working Enforcement Team. Your role would be to pro-actively contact Council Tax or Business Rates debtors to negotiate arrangement for payment, update the case management system and deal with customer enquiries received by telephone or other means of communication. We are seeking a team player, who understands the importance of confidentiality, can demonstrate first class service skills especially when communicating in difficult situations, preferably with knowledge of Debt Recovery, although full training will be provided. A good general education and experience of MS Office is essential for this role.
Requirements of the role:
· Great communication skills – written and verbal
· Team player and can work on own initiative
· Dealing with telephone contact from the public
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to update computer systems accurately
· Being in a dynamic and fast moving office environment
· Liaison with other departments and other Government Agencies
· Ability to work from home where necessary
· Able to travel to the Thetford Office and able to work from home as e-training will be offered where appropriate
. And above all enthusiasm!
What we offer in return:
· Competitive starting salary £18,895 (award pending)
· Career development opportunities
· Full training
· Flexible working
· Free car parking
· Local Government Pension Scheme
. Rewards Package
Good general education - 2 GCSE grades, A-C or relevant Revenues experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Enforcement Agent regulations
- Demonstrate experience of dealing with debt recovery involving vulnerable people.
- Have experience of working in a busy office environment’
- Knowledge of computer packages, including the Microsoft Suite and have the sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers effectively.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Debt Recovery
- Working knowledge of Academy and Civica (Comino) IT systems
- Works accurately whilst understanding the importance of meeting strict deadlines.
- Must be able to work to personal and team targets.
- Organisational and good time management skills
- Demonstrate good numerical and writing skills
- Knowledge of Council Tax support and general welfare benefits
Delivering excellent Customer Service
- Demonstrate experience or understanding of customer care.
- Demonstrate ability to deal with customer enquiries in an appropriate, diplomatic and professional manner.
- Be able to remain calm during stressful/violent circumstances.
- Customer Care training
How to apply
Email your completed application form to email@example.com today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Or contact Nikki at Nikki.Holley@angliarevenues.gov.uk to find out more about this opportunity Closing date for applications: 9am, 16th August 2021
During this current recruitment period, ARP have a flexible approach to recruitment including telephone and video interviewing, online induction and blended training and therefore candidates need to be able to work in the office and from home. Personal data from the application process will be shared with ARP and host/employing authority.
The closing date for this job offer is on 16/08/2021
£18,895-£24,234 (award pending)
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.