Compliance Officer (Enforcement)
Breckland Council (37 hours)
(Temporary – Maternity Cover)
Grade 10 £18,389-£23,585
Join Us as a Compliance Officer (Enforcement)
We are seeking a self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic candidate to join our hard-working Enforcement Team. Your role would be to pro-actively contact Council Tax or Business Rates debtors to negotiate arrangement for payment, update the case management system and deal with customer enquiries received by telephone or other means of communication. We are seeking a team player, who understands the importance of confidentiality, can demonstrate first class service skills especially when communicating in difficult situations, preferably with knowledge of Debt Recovery, although full training will be provided. A good general education and experience of MS Office is essential for this role.
Requirements of the roles:
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Team player and can work on own initiative
- Dealing with telephone contact from the public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to update computer systems accurately
- Being in a dynamic and fast moving office environment
- Liaison with other departments and other Government Agencies
- Available to work at our Thetford office
- And above all enthusiasm!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary £18,389
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have recent experience of working in a busy office environment or have relevant qualifications in this field.
- Good general education - 2 GCSE grades,
- A-C or relevant Revenues experience.
- Demonstrate good numerical and writing skills
- Demonstrate knowledge of Enforcement Agent regulations
- Demonstrate experience of dealing with debt recovery involving vulnerable people.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Or call 01842 756501 and ask for Nikki to find out more about this opportunity Closing date for applications: 10th October 2019
The closing date for this job offer is on 10/10/2019
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Anglia Revenues Partnership
The Anglia Revenues Partnership (ARP) is a group of seven councils, who are working together to provide high-quality, shared revenue services to their residents.