"Construction apprentices will earn thousands of pounds more than many university graduates.
Latest research by the Federation of Master Builders (FMB) quizzed small contractors on how much they pay tradespeople.
The highest reported ammual salary for a London bricklayer was £90,0000.
The average annual salaries were:
- Site managers earn £51,266
- Plumbers earn £48,675
- Supervisors earn £48,407
- Electricians earn £47,265
- Civil engineering operatives earn £44,253
- Steel fixers earn £44,174
- Roofers earn £42,303
- Bricklayers earn £42,034
- Carpenters and joiners earn £41,413
- Plasterers earn £41,045
- Scaffolders earn £40,942
- Floorers earn £39,131
- Plant operatives earn £38,409
- Painters and decorators earn £34,587
- General construction operatives earn £32,392
In comparison government figures show the UK’s university graduates earn the following average annual salaries:
- Pharmacists earn £42,252
- Dental practitioners earn £40,268
- Architects earn £38,228
- Teachers earn £37,805
- Chartered and certified accountants earn £37,748
- Midwives earn £36,188
- Veterinarians earn £36,446
- Physiotherapists earn £32,065
- Nurses earn £31,867"
Use the More Info button below for the full article.
What is icanbea...? This website offers you an insight into Norfolk and Suffolk's most successful organisations, showing you how they fit into our growing economy and highlighting the career and training opportunities they could offer you.