Be part of our successful Revenues and Benefits team to compile and maintain client records, verify eligibility for reductions, make amendments, setting up billing of Council Tax and Local Council Tax Reduction Scheme. This will include communicating with the public and various Government bodies, which will involve spending time taking customer calls.
Requirements of the roles:
- Team player and can work on own initiative
- Great communication skills – written and verbal
- Dealing with telephone contact from the public
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to update computer systems accurately
- Monitor client accounts to check payments received
- Keep up in a fast paced partnership environment
- Interested in learning and retaining info on legislation
- Liaise with other departments, Citizens Advice and Department for Work and Pensions
- And above all enthusiasm!
What we offer in return:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career development opportunities
- Full training
- Flexible working
- Free car parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Rewards Package
Job Title: Council Tax Billing Officer
Service Area: Revenues and Benefits
Team: Billing and Benefits
Main Purpose of Job: To work within a team responsible for the collection of Council Tax and the award of Council Tax Support.
- To be familiar with Council Tax regulations, Local Council Tax Reduction schemes and current processes and procedures.
- Compiling and maintaining records regarding the occupation and ownership of property and Council Tax Reduction, ensuring that the correct information is extracted from letters, emails, claim forms, survey forms, service requests, etc.
- Determining applications for discounts, exemptions, disregards and reductions after gathering all relevant information and verifying the circumstances of the case.
- Using secure DWP systems to check, download and process confidential information.
- To assist in the review of all discounts, exemptions and reductions.
- Setting up different payment methods as required ensuring compliance with Direct Debit rules as necessary.
- To deal with customer correspondence and enquiries in person, by email, by telephone or by letter, providing an excellent, polite and courteous public service at all times.
- To deal with returned mail to ascertain new contact address, update systems and send copy demand notices etc.
- To monitor customer accounts in credit to ensure that the credit is genuine and is allocated appropriately to reduce arrears or refunded as necessary.
- To promote online services and support customers by offering assistance with online forms.
- To identify and refer cases where Council Tax Reductions may have been fraudulently claimed
- To maintain a high level of accuracy and productivity in order to achieve service targets
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager commensurate with the grade.
Full Details including person specification:
Contact us at email@example.com today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Or call on Terri Lawson 01502 523534 or Andrew Rose 01842 778028 to find out more about this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: 20 February 2019, interviews to be confirmed after that date.
A numbers of posts based in any of our offices in Thetford, Lowestoft, Melton and March.
37 hours per week permanent contracts
1 x 37 hours per week temporary contract to August 2019
The closing date for this job offer is on 20/02/2019
£17,972 to £23,122
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
About Anglia Revenues Partnership
The Anglia Revenues Partnership (ARP) is a group of seven councils, who are working together to provide high-quality, shared revenue services to their residents.