We are looking for freelance theatre practitioners!
Our Creative Learning Team offer a range of opportunities for young people, through both our core participatory work and the workshops and other opportunities we create for schools.
We are looking to expand our pool of freelance theatre practitioners, for various future projects in a range of settings. These may be projects in primary or secondary schools, pupil referral units or with community groups, and could cover a wide range of themes under the broader theatre making banner. See the links below for more details on the work that we do:
Creative Learning at NWT:
- A range of practical performing arts skills
- Experience of workshop planning
- Experience of delivering workshops for young people aged between 7-18 years old and community groups
- Experience of guiding young people towards a performance
- Committed to developing young people’s skills as theatre makers, and giving participants ownership over their creative work.
- Committed to developing young people’s confidence and aspiration
- Able to manage potentially complex participants and behaviours
- Experience of co-facilitation
- Self-motivated, efficient, and well organised
- Able to take responsibility while working within a team
- Practitioners will be employed on a freelance basis and paid a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to be considered to work for us as a practitioner, please submit your CV and a short covering letter to Sian Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org or post to New Wolsey Theatre, Civic Drive, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 2AS.
About New Wolsey Theatre
The New Wolsey Theatre is a regional theatre with a national reputation for the quality, range and reach of its work and for embracing cultural diversity in the widest sense. The theatre is central to the creative life of Suffolk and seeks to expand the horiz...