Applications for this role are now closed.
Greene King is the country’s leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 2,700 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland. With a rich heritage of over 200 years, we brew award-winning beers and operate managed, tenanted, leased and franchised pubs from our headquarters in Bury St. Edmunds.
We are recruiting for a Credit Controller to join our team.
Dealing with incoming calls and emails, releasing orders for delivery, daily contact with customers and field-based personnel, collection of payment to enable orders to be released, allocating cash correctly and in a timely fashion.
This full-time role is based out of our Bury St Edmunds office however it does allow for hybrid working with the ability to work a 50/50 split between the office and home if required.
• Controlling own ledger and ensuring overdue debt is escalated quickly to avoid unnecessary risk and potential write offs
• Collection of payments as well as allocation of cash in a timely manner
• Releasing orders within scheduled timeframes and to deadline
• Dealing with disputed invoices as well as liaising with the legal team on irrecoverable debt
• Day to day administration support e.g. copy invoices, statements, customer accounts etc
• Dealing with telephone and email queries quickly and efficiently
• Building excellent relationships with customers as well as peers in other departments
• Use of online platforms • Supporting colleagues to help cover tasks periodically
Skills & Experience
• Good credit management experience
• Ability to work well under pressure & in a changing environment
• Able to meet deadlines and performance targets
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• A strong team player with excellent planning and organisation skills
• Proactive and methodical
• Good Excel skills and familiar with windows
How to apply
Please email a copy of your CV and interest in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org so I can see the interest coming in via this forum
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/06/2022
£22,500 per year
This job is located in Bury St Edmunds, suffolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.