About the employer
Norfolk Community Learning Services provides learning opportunities both daytime, evening and at weekends, to a wide range of people (over 10,000 per year) including those with physical and learning disabilities across the whole of Norfolk using up to 200 external venues as well as our own premises at Wensum Lodge and Attleborough.
Effective administrative support is a vital element to the success of Norfolk Community Learning Services. This post enables a focused, consistent business support service to all stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to enter the Learning Services profession for an enthusiastic and diverse team in a large organisation, with a structured programme of training.
The level of responsibility and complexity of work will increase as the individual’s knowledge and skill increases. The level of supervision will also reduce appropriately over the training period.
Line management and mentoring of the apprentice will be consistently maintained with an identified manager, who will be responsible for general management, coaching and development reviews/plan.
Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:00. Total hours per week: 37.00
- Provide administrative support in all aspects of a Further Education (FE) institution, including creating and maintaining accurate records in the Service’s database and ensuring the timely submission of all statutory returns to funding agencies. This includes creating and maintaining courses available for customers
- Gain and maintain a good level of technical expertise using software and systems including Word, Excel, and Access
- Gain and maintain a good working knowledge of the internal and external practices and processes required for the efficient running of the service. These include the Education and Skills Funding Agency Funding Rules, Individualised Learner Record Specification, Provider Support Manual, national performance measures and Norfolk Community Learning Service policies
- Arrange and administer examinations and assessments as directed by the Curriculum and Examinations Supervisor
- Offer the highest levels of customer service when liaising with all stakeholders, internal or external
- Maintain confidential records and an efficient filing system, both physical and electronic in a timely manner
- Check invoices and claims and prepare for authorisation and payment
- Be responsible for safe working practice of self and those that post holder supervises
- Deputise for the Curriculum & Examinations Supervisor where required
The closing date for this job offer is on 22/01/2019
£16,836.00 - £17,391.00
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Norfolk County Council
Norfolk County Council is the administrative authority for the county of Norfolk, it is split into seven local government districts. It's main offices are located in Norwich, with further offices and supporting services across the county. Norfolk County Counc...