The British Heart Foundation is a charity organisation in the United Kingdom. It funds research related to heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors
We are seeking new volunteer staff members to assist us in our retail outlet in Thetford
Are you calm, collected and happy to chat on the phone or in person?
Are you looking for admin or customer service experience?
Join the volunteer team at the British Heart Foundation store. You will be the first point of contact for customers who call our furniture store, helping them with any enquiries, arranging collections for donations and explaining our Gift Aid scheme. You will also be using our online collections request system to process online collection booking requests.
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of public support to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.4 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases.
This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers. Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
- Dealing with members of the public with confidence
- Answering incoming telephone calls
- Being organised and able to follow administration procedures accurately
- Good communication and customer service skills You get a lot from volunteering too:
- A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
- The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to the British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
- The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
- Gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
How to apply
If you would be interested in helping us we would love to hear from you
Please phone 07584 376983 or email email@example.com
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/09/2021
This job is located in Thetford, Norfolk
About West Suffolk College
West Suffolk College is an ambitious vocational and academic College, with a stunning main campus set in the heart of Bury St Edmunds. We are committed to providing outstanding education to all our students.