About the employer
GBRf are the third largest rail freight operator in the UK, with a turnover of excess of £200million GBP. GBRf is one of the fastest growing companies in the railway sector and transport goods for a wide range of customers.
Our office at the Port of Felixstowe is a busy office where our commercial Intermodal department are based, alongside the Finance department and operational team.
SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
Monday to Friday working a shift pattern between the hours of 8am to 6pm. 1 hour for lunch. Total hours per week: 37.00
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs or equivalents including English and maths at grades 9-4/A*-C for a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship and 9-3A*-D for a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not usually offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus.
Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application and may be invited into one of the campuses to complete the assessments on site.
We have looking for two Customer Support Apprentices to join the Intermodal team and support them with filling trains at the Port of Felixstowe.
You will be part of a friendly team and be responsible for administrative duties related to filling trains. This is a fantastic opportunity for you if you like to be busy and are looking to get your foot on the career ladder in a growing company.
- Responsible for liaising with customers to ensure bookings are placed on the system, customers are issued with relevant reference numbers and receive confirmation of arrivals and departures. Stock management as per the customer requirements is also required
- You will work closely with the Customer Service Team and Delivery Manager to ensure trains are filled to maximum capacity
- Manage, organise and update data on various systems including but not limited to destin8, TOPS, Paris, COMA and SCORPIO
- There will be a requirement to interrogate data on the live systems as well as the information on train lists to review bookings versus actual delivery in conjunction with the team you will be required to identify any possible issues with containers and raise this to relevant parties so any issues can be resolved in a timely manner
- Plan the movement of containers from road haulage to third party depots
- Manage additional charge notifications where necessary
- Upload interchange reports and attach
The closing date for this job offer is on 30/10/2020
This job is located in Felixstowe, Suffolk
More Information and How to Apply
About Suffolk New College
Suffolk New College isn’t just a great place to learn – it’s a launch pad for your future. With top quality teaching staff and facilities, we’ll help you prepare for academic and career success.