As a Cyber Security Apprentice, you will work towards the Level Four, an accredited apprenticeship scheme with an industry recognised qualification. Throughout the duration of your studies you will spend a large proportion of your time learning on the job, and working as part of a team. You will have dedicated ‘off the job’ time to focus on your studies, working with a National Training Provider to support your accredited learning.
This role will provide you with hands on experience and insights into how AVIVA undertakes IT Security, within this fascinating and In-demand industry skill set. You will be exposed to the latest Security technologies and our dedicated and highly knowledgeable team of professionals whose purpose is to minimise and protect AVIVA from potential Cyber-attacks and safeguard our business operations.
Nature of Work
The successful applicant will be:
- Using analytical skills to learn how to evaluate risks to the financial services sector posed by cyber and security threats and providing this information for decision-making purposes in reports
- Learning how to develop effective security solutions to prevent, detect and mitigate cyber attacks
- Gaining an understanding of how laws and sector-specific regulations impact on the way we need to operate
- Provide visibility and status updates on a regular basis to management and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the other team members to actively manage day to day activities
- Support the team in collecting critical documents, presentations and other communications and ensuring appropriate messaging to our stakeholders
- Ensure key business goals are understood and factored in to the security work stack.
- Participate, lead and contribute to relevant project meetings.
- Become a recognised subject matter expert and key contact within the context of the role.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate confidence, flexibility, and motivation and be committed to developing themselves to build a long-term career in Aviva.
You will hold: 5 GCSE’s A-C this must include English and Maths also preferably an IT or business-related subject and or A levels at grade A-C, a Level 3 apprenticeship or other equivalent qualifications.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you must –
- NOT have a qualification higher than the qualification you will study for in a similar subject or field
- NOT already have studied a similar level apprenticeship
The closing date for this job offer is on 23/07/2018
£Competitive + Benefits. Starting at £16,500
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About AVIVA plc
Aviva is a life, general and health insurance business, and provides asset management services. We are the largest insurer in the UK and we have strong businesses in selected international markets. Our products help 34 million customers enjoy the peace of mind...