Are you looking to gain experience in marketing and administration? Do you enjoy writing, research and communicating with others? Then we need you!
Equal Lives is recruiting a volunteer to assist our Development Team on Wednesday mornings with promoting our Disability Equality Training and creating our e-bulletin and blog posts.
The role will include, but is not limited to:
· Supporting us with the creation of the e-bulletin - our twice monthly newsletter sent out to Members
· Distributing our corporate pack to encourage business members to join
· Using social media to market our Disability Equality Training
· Following up on leads and securing bookings for Disability Equality Training
· Researching and creating blog posts for the website
· Other ad-hoc tasks as required
We’ll give you:
· Comprehensive training, including GDPR and Safeguarding
· The opportunity to work from home or from Shopmobility (Chantry Place)
· A variety of activities to challenge you and develop your skills
· A friendly and supportive team of staff and volunteers
The hours for this role are Wednesday mornings, 9:30am – 12:30pm. You will need your own device (PC, laptop or tablet).
This role is available as a remote role but could also be based at Shopmobility in Chantry Place.
All volunteers are required to undertake our core training programme. This covers basic safeguarding and other key features.
New volunteers will have an opportunity to ‘shadow’ experienced volunteers and members of staff.
Dependent upon the candidate, there may be additional opportunities to participate in a variety of accredited training courses. Please ask for further details.
Volunteers are required to adhere to the organisation’s policies and practice guidelines.
Reasonable expenses, including travel whilst undertaking this role will be reimbursed. This includes mileage (currently £0.45 p/mile) and parking costs.
Experience in this area is desirable, but not essential.
You will need to be:
· A team player
· Able to work alone
· Able to follow organisational policies and procedures including safeguarding, data protection and health and safety
· Committed to attending training courses and team meetings
It would be useful to have:
· Good interpersonal skills
· Good written communication skills
· Sound administrative skills
Applications must include 2 satisfactory references who have known the applicant in a professional or educational capacity for at least 12 months.
The closing date for this job offer is on 31/07/2022
This job is located in Norwich, Norfolk
How to Apply
About Equal Lives
We are a disability rights organisation based in Norfolk and Suffolk. We exist to support people of any age who face disabling barriers and we are dedicated to making their voices heard. We are a user led organisation (ULO), meaning we are led by peop...