The Mason Trust's 'Small Change' Grant provides small sums of money to help young people in Norfolk and Suffolk take that next step through education, training, work or along their chosen career path.
This limited fund is designed to quickly make a difference to people that have immediate financial barriers to their personal progress. Awards of up to £75* will be made swiftly for successful individual applications that demonstrate a genuine need and where other funding options have been exhausted.
Each application is reviewed by the Trust on its own merits taking into account the demonstrated need, amount requested, practicality of securing the goods/ services, timeframe and availability of our own funding.
If you’ve tried elsewhere for funding and haven’t been successful we may be able to help.
*If you need slightly more than £75, please get in touch with us or detail this on your application form - we want to help and can potentially be flexible in certain circumstances.*
We aim to make a decision within two working days of receiving your application.
Typically we will consider contributing to things like:
- Training, learning and safety courses that achieve a specific educational or employment goal
- One-off travel costs, such as the costs involved in getting to training or an interview
- Specific pieces of equipment or gear required for work or training (excluding computers and mobile devices)
- Clothes for an interview
We do not normally fund the following, as there are existing services that often can:
- Computers / Mobile Phones
- CSCS cards
Please see our Other Funders page for suggestions on where to seek funding for these and other requirements.
- Open to 16-25 year olds who live, work or study in Norfolk or Suffolk
- Applications must be made for a specific item or service and for a defined, stated amount (up to a maximum of £75*)
- We will consider contributions to something of a higher value (our maximum contribution would be £75*)
- We will not usually fund mobile devices or computers
- We will only consider awards for future costs - you cannot claim for costs you have already incurred prior to your application. (However, we are able to reimburse you, in the event that your application is accepted and you need to make a payment yourself immediately afterwards. Please see the application form for further details)
For further information, use the More Info button below to see the funding section on our website.
About The Mason Trust
The Mason Trust has a long history of helping young people in Norfolk and Suffolk to realise their potential, pursue their career aspirations and to take control of their own futures through our one-to-one, group and online provisions.